Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag capacity

infinity

Also, it occurs to me that that listing for 126 on STI's site is for the 120 and not the 126. See this article on STI's site: http://www.stiguns.com/USPress/g&a/falcon39_oct95.html

I remember when looking at the VIP that the 120mm tubes hold as many rounds as the Glock 23.

And here's the part of the site I was looking for: http://www.stiguns.com/cart/aboutmags.html

check the magaize tread for capacity.

svi makes 124 box compliant, 126 non compliant, 140, and 170.

sti makes 126 box compliant, 140,170.

the 124 of sv seems to have the same dimentions as the 126 sti. I had 2 126 sti mags that i use with a plus 1 base pad to fit the box. 17 rounds is the normal for this setup. though you can squeez 18 if you know what to do. Check out the mag thread for more details

when i got sv tubes i sold the sti tubes.

My STI mags got a SV competition follower, a Dawson Box rule pad with the regular spring and they hold 17 rounds .

I also use some special pads (thanks to Luca ;) ) a trimmed SV follower and they hold 18 rounds.

All are IPSC Box rule friendly but the 18 rounders are not reloadable.

Original STI mags which complies with IPSC rule, are 15 rounds without modifications.

BTW, there is a difference between STI and SV mags about total length.

STI advertise their 126 mm mags but they count the flat basepad in the OAL.

SV length is only about the tube.

So in fact a 126mm SV mag is longer than a 126mm STI mag.

jason,

according to the mag threads 18rds is not reloadable, is ur 18rndr reloadable?

no there not reloadable. but you can make them reloadable but difficult by pushing the first round forward about flush with thefront of the magazine.

never tried it in a match though since i never did need 18+1 yet

SPS has hi-cap mags that are ipsc box compliant that holds 18 rds. They also offer the magspring and follower kit to retrofit their old magazines.

Carg_Gran_120.jpg

We've tried the spring and follower kit in .40 cal. STI tubes but can only fit 17 rds. bec. of the ribbed sides.

to those old time SV/STI owners do u guys think i should buy the SPS mags? as u can see from what eye cutter showed on this thread it loads 18+1 and i assume that is reloadable. i know most of the time stages won't need as much but we can never tell when we will need the extra few rounds right?! so i'm just pondering here some advices and infos will help.

the S_I blaster i will be having won't just be for comp. but also for carry purposes since i won't be competing full time like some of u guys out there so it'll be more of an all around gun for me. OR should i just trim the followers + ipsc legal pad ??

eye cutter, thanks for the info.

I got my hands on the infamous Brazilian/Japanese 126 mag. Man! That sucker's nice. 19 rds reloadable...no problem. It clicks in the gun as easy as a ten rounder. I had to unload it to count the rounds, because I couldn't believe it!

Now you Para/Springfield-gunners don't have the advantage!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Phil

michael voit used a sti hi cap box compliant and each time he shoots in our country all para shooters fall. come to think of it all of the standard shooters fell to his SKILL.

most were telling me to get a para for more capacity when i was planning to compete. I decided in terms of durability. so far so good. its skill that carries you to the top. I believed in this so i got an svi.

ill let my match result talk for itself not that im on the top 5 in major matches....yet

:)

The old SPS mag tubes I've seen were nickel plated and very brittle. After a while, the plating was coming off and the mag tubes were starting to rust. The mag tube's metal body was also quite thin which causes some bulging when loaded to full capacity.

Now, the new magazines I have are all stainless steel in construction. They are very well made and comparable to the S_I mag tubes' quality. But, I have no idea how it'll hold up like the S_I tubes which are well proven.

I read in the forums that some members have ordered through the SPS website and had some hi-cap magazines shipped to the US. Maybe they can share their experience with the SPS mags.

At least they're offering a product that ipsc shooters want. It'll eventually pay off listening to feedback what the end-users need, which is a good thing.

I got my hands on the infamous Brazilian/Japanese 126 mag. Man! That sucker's nice. 19 rds reloadable...no problem.

May I know how many spring coils does the brazilian mag use? Where can we order?

thanks,

I got my hands on the infamous Brazilian/Japanese 126 mag.  Man!  That sucker's nice.  19 rds reloadable...no problem.  It clicks in the gun as easy as a ten rounder.  I had to unload it to count the rounds, because I couldn't believe it! 

Now you Para/Springfield-gunners don't have the advantage!!!  HAHAHAHAHA! 

Phil

Phil you scurvy dog, :angry: you got my mags!!! Mike said he sold you the two he had promised to me. :huh: ...it's ok I made him let me use his in matches until I got two of my own. B) He also has a couple of 21+1 reloadable 140mm compliant mags he used up at the NATS.

For all those "Loch Ness" types out there.

My Box compliant .40 mags, SV tube, Dawson Base, Gramms guts, hold 18, COMPLETELY UNMODIFIED or tweaked at all. No I cannot reload to them. I can reload to 17 in the mag, but if I have to smash a quick smoothy to do well on the course I am much more comfortable with only 16 in them.

The Brazilian 19 rounders appear to be hand made, even the cut for the mag catch looks like it was done with a dremel. They are as easy to load to as a 16 round loaded regular mag, but are not nearly as smooth outside so drop free a little slower if you had to start with one in the gun.

I thought I had heard they were a modified .45 tube, but they are NOT a tube from STI or SV. I could count coils, but before I do, I really think the important difference is how thin the wire used is, and the thinness of the follower. Suffice it to say we don't leave them loaded for long periods of time. That being said they are 100% reliable in my gun.....so far.

As far as where to order or them being "marketed" I have no information on that, it's just go to Brazil and buy them at a match for now. I paid the $200 per for mine.

They are great for all the condition 3 courses where they think 17 rounds will get the Open guys through without a load and force "us" to make one. That's a pretty regular trap at local matches here. Guys, try better course design or practicing if you want to beat the Standard guys, not just a tricky round count or start. ;)