Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4# jug of n320. Is this the going rate?

trp

Checked his bid history, looks like he sold one for $400, and one for $200 plus shipping hazmat.

I spoke with him, and he snagged 10 4#'s a few weeks ago. I'm getting low on pistol powder, and could use a nice 16# score, that would hold me over for a bit, allow me to ride out the storm.

~g

is he an authorized hazmat shipper?

Yeah, last year, there were people from the Chicago area willing to pay me $100 per brick of primers, but then I looked into shipping them and hazmat.

FedEx and UPS both said I needed a commercial account with them first, and then to go through (their?) HAZMAT training.

Yeah, exactly, doing otherwise is federal felony. Alot of hazmat materials flying around off gunbroker...

What's really retarded is when I went to the USPS, they said I couldn't ship a brick of primers or several bricks, (without HAZMAT, IIRC) but I could ship primed brass without HAZMAT.

I honestly did not know that, nor am I aware of him being/not being an authorized hazmet shipper.

~g

You need federal license to do so, otherwise is a felony. If you walk into a fedex or UPS and tell them its primers(or poweder) they will turn you away. You can't even ship loaded ammunition unless you go to a hub, no store or drop off will accept it and USPS will not ship even loaded ammunition.

Most people are doing the old "don't ask don't tell" routine. This is exceptionally risky IMO but to each their own....

What's really retarded is when I went to the USPS, they said I couldn't ship a brick of primers or several bricks, (without HAZMAT, IIRC) but I could ship primed brass without HAZMAT.

I don't know if I could would call it "retarded", clearly there is a much greater hazard in shipping a brick of primers (1,000 primers) than shipping primed brass. If a single primer in a brick accidentally ignites, you can probably be assured all 1,000 of them are going to go off. If one piece of primed brass in a box of 1,000 primed brass ignites, I highly doubt all 1,000 are going to be ignited.

At work I've had to revist some recent changes to lithium battery shipment, several cases of our gear has beens topped by TSA, appearently the laws changed Jan 1st of this year.

I'd guess he is legit with the shipments, maybe running them thru his employeer? In a past life he worked shipping/receiving so I'd guess he is familiar with the process/laws.

A few months ago I had two shipments (one of powder, one of primers) held by UPS, initially it said there was a Hazmat exception, later it changed to "package has been detained by a federal, or other agency", this was odd as both packages were shipped to an indoor range.

~g

I sold some extra 9mm earlier this year at a fair price shipped and what a mistake. I knew shipping powder and primers was tough but didn't know ammo was that difficult. The guy that bought it recommended I just ship it USPS without telling them it was ammo but I'm not to take a chance getting caught and costing thousands of dollars in legal fees for a few bucks. That's just stupid. He was mad because UPS required him to be home to sign for it. I was mad because with the extra cost of the ORD shipping I lost money on the deal. I don't ship ammo anymore.

I have used N-320 for well over 10 years. When it was not available I tried Ramshot Competition.. I like it just as well as N-320 and the load data is almost identical.. I will stay with Competition even when N-320 is available.