Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Waitlist?

beltjones

I just have to wonder who is doing what. I wanted to get official word on when the waitlist was to open so I sent an email to the MD 18 May. I got a reply from the MD today (5 June) saying that he wasn't sure. I also sent one to the RM 1 June and got a reply the same day telling me that he didn't know and he was sorry. My AD said he will try to find out how we can learn our waitlist ranking (yea Chris!) but I am beginning not to care. Besides with all the server errors and the TCP/IP timeouts, I do not have much hope for even a double-digit number.

Sigh...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a response from Ken Nelson. I will let him share what is going on but I saw this on the Nationals website today.

"We are finalizing squadding schedules now and will start approving for squadding on Friday."

Lee

I got a response from Ken Nelson. I will let him share what is going on but I saw this on the Nationals website today.

"We are finalizing squadding schedules now and will start approving for squadding on Friday."

Lee

Yeah, that was part of the announcement on Monday. (See post #11)

Thanks,

Chuck

Found this on the Nats webpage:

"

We are currently working on opening squadding and we’ll be emailing competitors instructions over the next few days when we have the schedule all worked out.

"

Not sure where the wait list fits in but I guess we will see...

Got my email notice. It reads:

Thanks for registering for the 2014 USPSA Handgun Nationals in St. George, UT!

You are shooter 543 out of 800

There are 480 spots in the Thu-Sun schedule and 240 in the Mon-Wed schedule.
409 people were approved in by slots prior to online registration opening on 2 June.

Am I #543 of 720 total slots available (of which the first 409 were the people awards slots), or am I #543 and only 311 spaces remain (720 minus 409)?

I am optimistic because a friend who was given a slot from a local club received an email reading he was #45 of 800.

Lester

Edited by SpankYa

I just have to wonder who is doing what. I wanted to get official word on when the waitlist was to open so I sent an email to the MD 18 May. I got a reply from the MD today (5 June) saying that he wasn't sure. I also sent one to the RM 1 June and got a reply the same day telling me that he didn't know and he was sorry. My AD said he will try to find out how we can learn our waitlist ranking (yea Chris!) but I am beginning not to care. Besides with all the server errors and the TCP/IP timeouts, I do not have much hope for even a double-digit number.

Sigh...

Here's the answer to when the waitlist would open and how they're releasing spaces:

How it works

PractiScore’s registration system works off of e-mails. When approved you get an e-mail inviting you to pay. This link is personal to your registration. When you pay, you get an e-mail with your squadding link. It also is personal to you. Share these links if you want others to pay or squad for you. Those of you who already paid with slots will just get the squadding link.

We see e-mails that bounce and will attempt to correct if obvious or the information is available in USPSA records. If not, we will call you to get your correct e-mail address.

Squadding starts Monday:

• Mon - 11PM EST - all registered via slots will be sent their squadding email

• Tue and on… - approve 50 to 100 people daily that registered online until match is ful

Lester

Edited by SpankYa

How quickly did you get through the online registration - was it close to the time they opened it up?

I like and agree with your logic which means anyone under #720 should get in, right?

Thanks

I was 424. I'm guessing that is 424 of the 720, as I don't think they would start from zero, its more likely they would start from 409 which is how many slots that were already taken.

I hope/wish both of you are right because my email message said I was shooter 582 of 800. I wasn't able to sign up until Tuesday a.m. Hawaii time.

Just have to wait and see what happens next.

I was 424. I'm guessing that is 424 of the 720, as I don't think they would start from zero, its more likely they would start from 409 which is how many slots that were already taken.

Not necessarily. I was told that I was 401 of 800!

The email is confusing in that it mentions 800 slots that are made up of 240 and 480 slots which makes 720.

Tying that in with the email does that mean that anyone with a wait list number higher than 311 or 391 is out of luck?

The email is confusing in that it mentions 800 slots that are made up of 240 and 480 slots which makes 720.

Tying that in with the email does that mean that anyone with a wait list number higher than 311 or 391 is out of luck?

That was my take. I think I am #10 on the real waiting list... I am thinking the missing 80 slots are staff hold-backs.

That was my take. I think I am #10 on the real waiting list... I am thinking the missing 80 slots are staff hold-backs.

Or I might be 91 on the real waiting list..... Tuesday, it is :blink:

Not yet, but at number 582 it'll take a while to get to me.

Anyway there is an update and they've added an extra day to the pre match:

Prematch UPDATE: We added an extra day to this match due to demand. You can still shoot it in two days. We’ll be sending an email to any competitors who signed up for the 2-day schedule, advising them of this. The schedule was changed since we have so many people signed up AND on the wait-list…we wanted to be able to accommodate more than 120 shooters in the pre-match.

The email suggested that those of us with low wait list numbers would be receiving a payment and squadding email on Tuesday. I haven't received anything yet, so I am beginning to wonder if it is a gunsmith date, as in it will happen on Tuesday but nobody knows which Tuesday. Has anyone received a link?

If not, are there any changes to this plan we should be aware of?

Latest per the website:

"We are currently working on opening squadding and we’ll be emailing competitors instructions over the next few days when we have the schedule all worked out."

Sounds like a process and preparation delay, not a technological delay.

Lester

The email suggested that those of us with low wait list numbers would be receiving a payment and squadding email on Tuesday. I haven't received anything yet, so I am beginning to wonder if it is a gunsmith date, as in it will happen on Tuesday but nobody knows which Tuesday. Has anyone received a link?

If not, are there any changes to this plan we should be aware of?