Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

April Trivia

benos

A slightly unusual question from my recent trivia supplier, Brian Hawley:

(And Rob, don't answer or I'll hate you.)

And just to keep the quessin goin good, I won't comment unless the entire question is answered correctly...

What were the professions of the following shooters before they "turned pro"? (If you want to win, I wouldn't post unless you're certain on all five.)

Rob Leatham

Brian Enos

Jerry Barnhart

Todd Jarret

Doug Koeing

And, just in case this one gets answered too easily/quickly, I have a real loser to back it up with, (also from BrianH).

good luck!

be

I don't know all of them, but I'll throw what I know out to help somone else:

Rob - postal worker (good thing he never went postal!)

Brian - I've heard a few times that he was a car mechanic, but he's wrote here that he was a corrections officer

Jerry - I think he was a plumber

Todd - heating & AC repairman??

No clue on Doug.

Bill

I know a few, and will steal some from Bill.

Rob - postal worker (stolen from Bill)

Brian - corrections officer (from webpage) and I too have heard mechanic so I guess that was after working at the Arizona State Pen.  

Jerry - electrician

Todd - heating and AC guy (stolen again from Bill)

Doug - was going to be a carpenter like his dad.  Started shooting pretty early though.  

There's my guesses.

Robbie- Computer Programmer

Brian-  Corrections Officer

Jerry- Electrician

Todd- Heating & cooling

Doug- Carpenter

Hows that for a guess?

(Edited by Singlestack at 4:09 pm on April 4, 2002)

(Edited by Singlestack at 4:29 pm on April 4, 2002)

OK, here's what we can do: We can all flood Brian with every job description of the computer field, until one of us gets lucky.  (Reading between the lines, that's the answer tripping us up.)

Or, we could just try to bribe Robbie off-list until he gives us the answer Brian is looking for.  I'll start off with a bid:  Robbie, I'll distract the other GM's by paying for a stripper to visit their hotel rooms and make them lose sleep at a big match.

Or I can simply guess as many times as it takes:

all the others the same,

Robbie, LAN Installation Tech

Ok, I'm thinking what kind of computer work could you do in Arizona in the late 1970's, early 1980's?  I'll say all the other guesses the same and then computer hardware technician, you know, the guys who changed out the tape in the tape drives and stuff ;)

You guys are way off base.  Rob was working at a computer doing telemarketing for a Phoenix based rock-chipped windshield repair service......

"...Hi my name is Rob, I'm calling from Sagauro Auto Glass.  We have a special today...."

Allright - I'm gonna give it to DB. His job description was a computer "operator," which, according to Rob, meant he basically kept the stuff up and running. Plugging in tapes and other necessary stuff for daily operation...

Send me your address DB, and let me know if you'd like a book or some SG. Sorry, no free pact timers or dillon presses...

:)

Sweet.  Thanks BE.  Message is on its way.  And to think, this is the post that graces me with the "Man of Knowledge" title.  Not sure that fits though.  "Man who seeks knowledge" or something to that effect might be more appropriate in my situation.  

And don't worry about next month, I've read the rules...  ;)

I guess the jobs that the aforementioned shooters left off their resumes don't count.

Rob Leatham -  Grand Funk Railroad Roadie

Brian Enos -  Street Mime

Jerry Barnhart - Bikini Inspector

Todd Jarret - Supreme Vice President for Life of Uruguay

Doug Koeing - Vampire Slayer