Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting a competition in a magazine restricted state

In no way did I call you responsible for my problems. However if you think that ignoring the problem is somehow going to keep it from knocking at your door, then you are fooling yourself.

My point is that actively telling abusive states "Well, I just won't come there" gives them exactly what they want, they win, because what they want is gun people NOT there. It also tells them how they can win, one state at a time until there is no place to run.

Figure I might as well check. Illinois is OK to bring Open big sticks into right? I think last time I drove up there to shoot it didn't even occur to me but I remember seeing all kinds of banners along the highway talking about gun laws etc. Any restrictions or good to know info such as mags in one bag ammo in another guns in another etc?

I leave in the morning but hey, it's never too late to try to find out.

Don't go .....? Why give any of your hard earned money to states that can't seem to understand what the 2nd Admendment means ...

+1

This. I don't go to states with crappy gun laws and I go out of my way to vacation in those that do have good ones.

I take issue with that logic. What you are in effect saying is "lets not support the shooting sports where they are most engendered, it will be ok if I hide my head in the sand over here, there is no way it is gonna come my way"..

Thats exactly how we got the original nation wide AWB, it is faulty logic in my opinion.

That's not what I'm saying at all; that's what you're saying. Keep your insults to yourself.

I'm saying the politicans in some states don't want to acknowledge my constitutional rights. Accordingly I'm not going to give them any tax revenue.

I'm an active paying member of the NRA. I'm an active paying member of Gun Owners of America. I'm an active paying member of the AZCDL. I partipate in the political process and regularly contact my representitives.

Keeping my head in the sand? I was one of the people open carrying a waving around a "will not comply" sign on the steps of my state capital then mumblings of an AWB started last January. Where were you?

It's not my job to fix your state; it's yours. I'm already putting money into the organizations that are trying to fix it for you.

EDIT: Apologies if I'm came off too strong, but "I take issue" when someone tells me I'm keeping my head in the sand and am responsble for their loss of rights.

Any chances you ate at Chipotle after the rally? If so that didn't help the cause.

Don't go .....? Why give any of your hard earned money to states that can't seem to understand what the 2nd Admendment means ...

+1

This. I don't go to states with crappy gun laws and I go out of my way to vacation in those that do have good ones.

I take issue with that logic. What you are in effect saying is "lets not support the shooting sports where they are most engendered, it will be ok if I hide my head in the sand over here, there is no way it is gonna come my way"..

Thats exactly how we got the original nation wide AWB, it is faulty logic in my opinion.

That's not what I'm saying at all; that's what you're saying. Keep your insults to yourself.

I'm saying the politicans in some states don't want to acknowledge my constitutional rights. Accordingly I'm not going to give them any tax revenue.

I'm an active paying member of the NRA. I'm an active paying member of Gun Owners of America. I'm an active paying member of the AZCDL. I partipate in the political process and regularly contact my representitives.

Keeping my head in the sand? I was one of the people open carrying a waving around a "will not comply" sign on the steps of my state capital then mumblings of an AWB started last January. Where were you?

It's not my job to fix your state; it's yours. I'm already putting money into the organizations that are trying to fix it for you.

EDIT: Apologies if I'm came off too strong, but "I take issue" when someone tells me I'm keeping my head in the sand and am responsble for their loss of rights.

Any chances you ate at Chipotle after the rally? If so that didn't help the cause.

:) I did not. I think some of the guys from OCT are doing more harm than good.

Hey, I think it's as dumb as they do that open carry of a rifle is legal, but pistol isn't. Being a jerk where you're not wanted isn't the way to enact change.

In no way did I call you responsible for my problems. However if you think that ignoring the problem is somehow going to keep it from knocking at your door, then you are fooling yourself.

My point is that actively telling abusive states "Well, I just won't come there" gives them exactly what they want, they win, because what they want is gun people NOT there. It also tells them how they can win, one state at a time until there is no place to run.

The problem in those states is the VOTERS and the REVENUE going to the politicians.

I can't vote in those states. I'm already giving money to fight them. You'll have to excuse me if I choose to spend my free time in places that want me and accept my lifestyle.