Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A lead on a Limited .40

I emailed with the seller today and didn't get a warm fuzzy and I'm not in the mood to argue, one less question mark and I would take a shot, but I've been burned before so I'll pass.

Good morning,

A friend passed me your email. I'm interested in your EAA pistol for sale ( http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?127106-EAA-witness-limited-pro-40s-amp-W-beautiful) but the picture is of a Limited with a stock mag well and the description says Limited Pro with Henning mag well?

Can you please clear that up?

Thank you,

John

When I purchased the gun the seller stated it had a hennings magwell. I now know its the stock magwell. But it is a limited pro. 40sw,on the small frame

Sorry about the confusion John / kneelingatlas.

I am / was the seller on Bayoushooters. (it sold locally)

The gun history & specs::

I bought 3 of these pistols, 9mm, 40SW, and 45acp, used from a guy.

He listed all, as limited pros. ( I am not an EAA guru)

They all have the full length frame with factory scope mounting holes.

The 9mm & 40sw are small frames, and have large magwells, the .45 acp doesn't. He stated they were hennings magwells.

Not being an EAA guy, I didn't know any different, until you presented the question to me.

The 9mm & 40 are both stainless slide & frame. Each of them came in a Silver box with locks

red velvet interior. They both have conical shaped, bull style barrels.

They eat any ammo inserted, without any FTF, FTE, or Failure to return to battery.

Great guns, The difference between limited & limited pro, I'm unaware. Guess I was bamboozled.

I just wanted to clear up, I'm not a criminal or scam artist. My feedback on Bayoushooters is 100 percent positive.

I enjoy guns, Buying shooting, trading & selling.

Sorry about the confusion, I just didn't know the answer to your questions.

Speaking of questions.

The .45 acp, came with a green box. (no locks or velvet). Its sticker is reads

Witness limited 45 ACP.

this pistol also has the full length frame, with factory scope mounting holes.

It has a black slide assembly & the slide isnt scribed limited as the 9 & 40 were marked from the factory.

It has a single action only trigger, raised safety, lightend hammer, the EAA super sight, and an extended magazine release.

but It doesnt sport the wider magwell. Is this a franken pistol?

Where can I find the wider magwell & 10mm slide & barrel assembly for it.

Or is there 40SW upper assembly I can purchase & ream the barrel to 10mm

I'm a 10mm guy

Rainsdrops- In partial answer to your questions, "Where can I find the wider magwell & 10mm slide & barrel assembly for it.

Or is there 40SW upper assembly I can purchase & ream the barrel to 10mm. I'm a 10mm guy", EAA Corp lists on their website (at at http://eaacorp.com/conversion-kits/) a 10mm conversion kit. I expect it will work but I don't know for sure. It may fit but may have the straight barrel instead of the cone type barrel, I'm not sure. What type of barrel does your .45 have? Cone or straight?

Also my .40 S&W Match (a cheaper pistol than the Limited and Limited Pro) and full size polymer both accepts cartridge OALs at 1.23" (with the bullets I use) with 10mm magazines and feed flawlessly with every bullet I've tried.

Oh and frames that appear to be stainless, might be hard chrome- my Match is.

First off Rain, welcome to the forum :cheers:
Please excuse my candid responses, I am an EAA guy:

Not being an EAA guy, I didn't know any different, until you presented the question to me... ...The difference between limited & limited pro, I'm unaware. Guess I was bamboozled... ...I enjoy guns, Buying shooting, trading & selling... ...I just didn't know the answer to your questions

If you're going to sell high end competition pistols your buyers are owed at least baseline standard of care; the Limited/Limited Pro thing isn't that big a deal as a picture speaks a thousand words, although 30 seconds on Google would reveal that a Limited looks like this:
WitnessEliteLimited.jpg
a Limited Pro looks like this:
EAA_Witness_Elite_Limited_Pro_308446.jpg
and Henning's mag well looks like this:
H069-3.jpg

For some reason when I pointed out that error you didn't take that 30 seconds to find out but instead doubled down on your position you were selling a Limited Pro, that's peculiar to me :huh:

More disturbing to me is the small frame/large frame issue: obviously if you know the difference between large and small frame Tanfoglios you know enough to know that the small frame .40 is handicapped in capacity when compared to the large frame .40 (15 rounds vs 21 in a 140mm mag). The small frame Limiteds are extremely rare in the US, so anyone looking at your advertisement could reasonably assume they're buying a large frame Limited pistol. Whether or not you knew what a rare bird you had you must have known it was capacity limited and that material fact changes the market value of that pistol from ~$1,000 as you stated to $600-$700 at best as it's not fit for it's intended purpose (USPSA/IPSC LImited). Omission of that material fact is negligent at best and active deception at worst.

I know I'm coming down on you pretty hard, but misrepresentations of items for sale is a real pet peeve of mine and after you joined this forum just to tell everyone what a straight shooter you are I couldn't resist speaking my piece.

As mention I purchased 3 limited pistols at the same time.. The seller gave me a group deal.

I had purchased a wonderfinish eaa (sa/da) prior. I didn't / don't know anything regarding the witness line.

It was my intention to ream the 40's barrel to 10mm. When I attempted to place an 10mm round in the 40's mag, It wouldn't fit.

Then I try the the 10mm round in the 45 magazine and she fits. I attempted to insert the 45 mag into the 40 frame. It was a no go.

I removed both slides from both frames. I was going to put the 40 slide on the 45 frame, and ream barrel to 10mm.

The slides didnt function properly. This is when I learned small vs large

At this point the gun is useless to me. My goal was to have the beautiful limited look in 10mm. I returned all guns back to to factory, and function fired the 40. It fired anything I ran through it.

So I contacted EAA customer service to order a 10mm conversion for my 45. I give them the entire story & the 40 serial number. The company rep states the 40 is a large frame and I could ream or swap barrels. But the larger mags don't fit!!!!!

I place the gun for sale. Someone mentioned googling limited / limited pro. If you google limited you will find both styles, if you google limited pro, it returns both. And much of the returned search information is conflicting .

Go to gunbroker for pricing all limiteds are listed in the $1000 range. I didn't pay that much, and I only wanted what I had in it.

And you can't omit information, that you honestly don't know.

And after reading kneeling atlas post, I have contacted the buyer and offered him a full refund if he is unhappy with the gun. Having people feel screwed over is bad business and bad karma. I'm not built that way

after reading kneeling atlas post, I have contacted the buyer and offered him a full refund if he is unhappy with the gun. Having people feel screwed over is bad business and bad karma. I'm not built that way

That sounds very honorable Rain :)