Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 blackout in 3 gun minors

Nothing wrong with it at all, especially for matches where the max distance stays a bit shorter. In matches where you have to stretch out beyond 250yds, those bigger, slower projectiles really start penalize those who don't know their drops very well.

With the efficient 223/5.56 compensators and low mass bolt carriers and such it would be difficult to build a softer shooting gun.

Edited by alma

If it's cheaper for you to shoot 300 then go for it. I'm generally a big proponent of "run what u brung".

Frankly though, every shooter that shows up at one of the regional matches here gets pretty terrible times- I think it's more to do with ammo cost/availability than anything. It's still pretty easy to shoot though a case of .223 in practice (not necessarily cheap, but otherwise available). Doing the same in blackout is comparatively prohibitive.

I shoot a lancer with a lmos by jp and buffer system. It has a dragon comp on it. It's pretty heavy due to lancers barrel. My core15 300 is supper light with a Troy rail and an adjustable gas block. It feels like an m&p 22. My 8 year old can shoot it. Since I supply h110 to a blackout manufacturer I get my rounds at cost. Right now for the money I think Core 15 is building the best rifles. I would love to have one in 5.56 but I have too much into my lancer. I'll try it for one match and see how it goes. I have some inexpensive fmj's that are great to a few hundred yards. I will just have to put my vortex 1 to 6 on it. Will they let me shoot with a can? I have a Liberty Chaotic on order that makes the gun soooo quiet. It may be due to CandW Tactical's great subs I tried out while I was at liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USPSA 2014 Provisional MG Rules:

2.1.12 Legally possessed sound suppressors are allowed on long guns and not considered compensators and
therefore not subject to the size restrictions on compensators. Any suppressor which has functional
characteristics which serve to reduce muzzle-flip and/or felt recoil (e.g., externally-visible baffles or
ports) will be considered a compensator.
In USPSA matches your can is good to go on long guns in any division as long as it doesn't have external baffles that act to reduce recoil or muzzle-flip. In other matches check the rules before you go.
Doug

I'd do it. I have a .300 BLK that is a 10.5" SBR that I want to use in a few CQB matches, as soon as cheap 110 gr VMAX are available again. Hate to use up my pink tips or SMKs in hoser stages.

I'd love to run one of my ar pistols at one of the places that has short bays, but I think I would have to run a diff class than tacops right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.