Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para LDA

nomore606

OK.... here's my experience: I bought a P12-45 LDA when they first came out. It went back to Para for warranty service twice in the first month of owning it. It never reliably fed any single type of factory ammo.

Even thought the LDA was relatively smooth in DA, it still had a ton of creep. The only advantage I would note is *possibly* being able to carry with the hammer down. A hammer-down jam-o-matic didn't make the cut for me. I sold it for a loss.

Caveat: this was at least 10-12 years ago, and I've heard that Para is producing at a higher standard than they did when I had this LDA. YMMV

I stumbled across Para Ordinances' 1911 light double action while reviewing new items from the latest NRA show and I see they are re-releasing and wanted to know if anyone held, fired, or owned one?

I own a 1640 LDA. RUN, do not walk, in the other direction. The LDA design is the classic case of stuffing 10 pounds of poop in a two pound bag. Too complicated, too many ways to screw up. Some of the internals look like they were stamped out of beer cans.

Mine had to go back to Para and they replaced almost every part in the gun from the trigger back. Still has random trigger reset failures.

Edited by bountyhunter

I had a LDA 5" 14 rd pistol. Piece of crap, one of the worst triggers I have ever shot. I've had that gun another Para pistol and the AR they sold. Everyone I sold they were all really hunky compared to everything else I owned.