Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lancer's carbon fiber mag ext tube, anyone?

mikemike22

I am thinking of going with Lancer's carbon fiber magazine extension for my new Beretta 1301 Comp 24". I saw one in person at the NRA show, they seem very tough. Has anyone else tried one? With the discount code I got at their booth it would bring the price in line with the Nordic.

I was using some tools that I should have not been using on a CF handguard trying to get it tensioned tighter. It may have been paranoia but I swear my hands were itching for two days. Handguard went into the trash can rather than risk anything further.

I was using some tools that I should have not been using on a CF handguard trying to get it tensioned tighter. It may have been paranoia but I swear my hands were itching for two days. Handguard went into the trash can rather than risk anything further.

It wasn't paranoia. Carbon fibers are worse than fiberglass on the itichiness scale. I'm a little concerned about all the carbon fiber dust I created and breathed in college before I knew that was a bad idea.

I have a lancer tube on my benelli and I have put over 1000 rounds of bird shot through it since I got it (about 18months ago). I've had no trouble. My guns are my tools and I use them as such. It goes into dump barrels hard and takes everything I've thrown at it.

I have been long term "borrowing" a friends vmax that has one on it and have put close to 2k rounds through it and literally thrown it at every dumb barrel I have seen and haven't had a problem. Negative side to it is that the gun only holds 10 with the lancer ext. and I prefer at least 12. The vmax I am having built now is coming with the new Nordic Components couplers so that I can modify my tube at any time if I see fit. For example shotgun only stages or stages where I don't dump the shotgun I could hold 16 if I wanted to get nuts. If round count doesn't bother you than go for it because it definitely holds up.