Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gunk ...

stinsonbeach

This is posted on "Accessories" too, as I have no idea where to post it.

Just bought some Yugo lock-back AK mags covered in that Vaseline-like gunk (cremoline?).

Anyone know how to get it off - inside & out?

Thank you,

-jb

ps : "BBJones" - yup that's why I bought them.

Yugoslavian made to hold-open.

The ONLY thing missing from the AK platform ... oh, & of course, the small problem of actually hitting anything past 75m!

and I am saying those mags are not good for the bolt and in turn the followers will get beat up. Bolt slams forward as soon as the mag is ejected any way. Thus requiring you to charge the gun when a new mag is inserted anyway.

The ONLY thing missing from the AK platform ... oh, & of course, the small problem of actually hitting anything past 75m!

and I am saying those mags are not good for the bolt and in turn the followers will get beat up. Bolt slams forward as soon as the mag is ejected any way. Thus requiring you to charge the gun when a new mag is inserted anyway.

Son of a gun . . . didn't think of the wear on the bolt & follower, - & not sure how relevant that is as the bolt & followers are pretty much indestructible, but you are right that when you drop the mag the "bolt slams forward" anyway. Damn didn't think that thru.

Hey, anyone out there want to buy some Yugo hold-back mags - CHEAP?!

Thanks "BBJones"

Son of a gun . . . didn't think of the wear on the bolt & follower, - & not sure how relevant that is as the bolt & followers are pretty much indestructible, but you are right that when you drop the mag the "bolt slams forward" anyway. Damn didn't think that thru.

Hey, anyone out there want to buy some Yugo hold-back mags - CHEAP?!

Thanks "BBJones"

No problem. I should have explained all that in my first post. I may be exaggerating the ill effects on the bolt. Do some research before you dump them. They do atleast tell you when your mag is empty and avoid the dreaded click on an empty chamber. I love the simplicity of the AK design but it has its drawbacks.