Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI XDM basepads

GMB

I'm currently running Canyoncreek pads and have only one complaint. I don't like the screw design to get them on and off. They run without issue and I can get 20 rounds no prob. I have a couple that I can get 21 in but I only start with those as the reload is a bit forced if loaded to 21.

I haven't really used the dawsons, since I shoot production exclusively, but a friend of mine ran them for a while when he was shooting 9mm limited minor (for fun). They seemed to work well and come off quickly with no tools.

The TTI basepads are nice. I have them for my STI. I watched a video interview a while ago of Taran. He has no plans of making anything for the XD's/XDm's.

Since I also use mine for IDPA I went with Dawson EZ-Off's +100. They work great. https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=+DAWSON+PRECISION+PRODUCTS:Baseplates+For+Springfield+XDm%2C+EZ-Off%2C+Adds+Length%2C+Not+Capacity

That totally blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he reconsiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TTI basepads are nice. I have them for my STI. I watched a video interview a while ago of Taran. He has no plans of making anything for the XD's/XDm's.

Since I also use mine for IDPA I went with Dawson EZ-Off's +100. They work great. https://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=+DAWSON+PRECISION+PRODUCTS:Baseplates+For+Springfield+XDm%2C+EZ-Off%2C+Adds+Length%2C+Not+Capacity

We're actually planning on having them later this year.

I've gotten several emails back from Mr Butler saying they are in fact going to make them for Xdm. I keep bugging him over it cause I want them!

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope they consider the different magwells currently offered for the XDM and can design the pads to work with them all. Especially the one from CanyonCreek.

I love my TTi Glock firepower pads. Added 6 to mags.

I would say- order asap- when you see them- and

Buy once, cry once.

If I ever get a CC XDm I'll get tu TTi's for the mags.

I just hope they consider the different magwells currently offered for the XDM and can design the pads to work with them all. Especially the one from CanyonCreek.

Would you say the CanyonCreek one is the most used in a competition setup? ( Sans Production, obviously )

The only other magwell I've heard of is the Pistol Gear one, but I've only ever seen one of those out in the range and I had it. It's gone now in favor of Dawson.

So I'd say yeah Cc and Dawson.

The only other magwell I've heard of is the Pistol Gear one, but I've only ever seen one of those out in the range and I had it. It's gone now in favor of Dawson.

Awesome. Any other concerns you guys have about the pad concept before we finish the R&D process?

Edited by TaranTactical

Awesome. Any other concerns you guys have about the pad concept before we finish the R&D process?

Don't forget about the pistol gear magwell for the xdm. I know alot of folks run this one too. Not as good as the dawson ice IMHO, but alot are out there. TTI Basepads?? Hell Yea!!!

140's only or 170's as well? I have a 40 that will likely get built into an open gun. I have a Dawson magwell and basepads but Dawson doesn't make a 170.

We'd need another spring for the 170, but I think in theory it should work for both.

EDIT: Provided the standard spring would work for the normal 140. We're going to have to play around with both, to be honest. We just got a bunch of mags here, so we'll order the pistol and magwells so that we can give it a good testing.

Edited by TaranTactical

The only draw back to the CC magwell is that it is permanent mod. IMO for a limited/limited 10 set up the CC has no equal!! The added weight if you with the SS model is a big plus!! I have used the pistol gear product and am not a fan, at the time it was the only thing going so I as well as the other XD shooters had no choice. I am more than happy to try out your product TTi and give you feed back. You (TTi) are currently one of our sponsors and our Glock shooters love your basepads. I can't wait to try out the TTi XDM base pads.

Awesome guys. We'll try to make sure we can get them working for all the magwells, but I'm sure you guys understand that that may not be possible because of our pin designs. I'll keep this thread updated about how the R&D process is going, and any additional information when we begin.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot one thing also..Springfield has two different types of magazines for the xdm's. One is notched out on the bottom front while the other is not. It's a different mounting position for the basepad. I discovered this when I ordered new mags from Springfield and tried to install the Dawson basepads. The guys at Dawson said they just discovered the problem and was now making both types. Of course, I had to talk to 50 people at Springfield, send pictures, return mags, ect. to get them to send me the right ones that were notched at the bottom.