Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a sig 1911 40 in SS?

fastarget

yea just the traditional, I personally like the weird sig slide cuts, so traditional doesn't interest me. Between that and the series 80 I'm still waiting. I do love sigs though, so whenever they get to making one in .40 with their weird slide im in

The accuracy of mine is exceptional. So far mine has only seen factory 230gr ball ammo and it still groups tight. Getting ready to experiment with some 200gr handloads in he near future.

Any reason not to consider one in 40 cal?

this what Sig should have done, was to introduce a Max Michel edition 40! my only concern would be with the extraction of 40 brass. 45acp I can see working well, with the larger rim dia. but with the 40 and the external extractor, am not sure. but other than that I would get one over the Para Pro comp. 40... IMO

EGW sells a tool steel extractor for the Sig 1911 with the pin.

• 3 months later...

As far as extraction should be no difference then with 1911s in 9mm. Have not had any problems with mine extracting shells. It is the only part the extractor that is in a 1911 excluding the barrel that has to be caliber specific.

Have an alleged Max in 40 S&W on order :devil: let you know how it goes. Was supposed to ship last month

did not know the "Max" was being produced in 40 now, good news, lots of bang for the buck.

40 has never been a problem with other sig models, so it is not a point of worry.

SUPPOSE to more the word still waiting for it told was to be shipped last month. Have a P226 in 40 great pistol.

Extraction has never been a problem with the ext. extractor and SIG

They've had more problems with the x-5 internal extractor, BUt that can be remedied also

I've got a couple of SIG 1911's and just swapped a Beretta 28ga onyx for a "Mad" MAXX 1911. Spent an hour looking it over and taking it apart etc. As much as the shop would let me and they were very Gracious!!!

Seems like a real nice pistol

Bought it at Buffalo Gun Center, Buffalo NY. They had more than one

Top notch shop

Pro Gun in Victor has them also, another top notch shop in upstate NY with people who know the business

Shot it last night in local practice match.

First rounds out of the gun had a couple failure to feeds with long lead ammo

End COF went well one failure to feed. Seems like its smoothing out real quick

going back to range tonight and will be putting couple of hundred through it to get it up and running.

Seems real accurate and smooth to shoot so far

• 4 months later...