Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race master with PT stainless grip

praff

I did a quick search and came up with nothing on this, so appologize if this has been covered. Does the stock STI grip block for the racemaster holster fit the phoenix trinity steel frame or do I need to order a different insert? I have the frame, but it is at the smith's and forgot to check before I handed it over.

I just tried it yesterday. It will not fit...it will not release the gun when drawing. I was able to try it in different RM as well...same results. I had to modify the piece that hooks into the trigger guard to accept the PT steel grip.

Edited by Dis-1-Shooter

Interesting....sounds like a call to DAA might be beneficial. I have no problem modding another insert, just wanna make sure I still have a holster insert that will work with my current open gun as well (stock polymer sti grip)

Mine would not fit. I was told to order an SVI metal grip insert. I did. Did not fit. LOL. I ended up modding the SV block to make it work. It would have actually been easier and cheaper to mod the STI block.

Edited by Shadyscott999

Manny and 014 - Yes

DAA - No

Bummer.

If you use the handy dremel and radius the inside front of the trigger guard to match the radius on the stock plastic grip it will work, inside edge of PT is very square cut. I wanted to holster to work with both and was able to get it working. Not until after struggling through a match with a holster that would not release with anything faster than a snail draw.

Sherwyn

• 2 weeks later...

Was about ready to throw my DAA holster in the trash. Took it apart and mod'ed it as mentioned above. Now the holster with my PT grip is smooth as butter. Glad I didn't drop kick it across the street. Patience is not my strong point, but I do love a good project!