Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical M2

caz41

No, I haven't seen on of his, but I have an AI M2. If you think you are going to get better performance for your extra 5-800, you will be sadly mistaken. Buy a plain m2 or a AI m2 and put the rest of the money into shells and you will be way ahead.

The mods are done for reliability and for ease of loading and shooting. There is some functional cosmetic work with stippling. Taran checks them for slug accuracy. Then you have Taran's guarantee and troubleshooting ability. He is mutant alien with more 3 Gun wins than anybody ever. So I would say yeah.

I went from a tuned JM 930 to a Taran Tactical M2 and the jump was well worth it. I had to sell quite a few things in order to get mine, they certainly aren't cheap. It's proven to be the single best piece of 3-Gun gear I own. Having a reliable shotgun will improve your finish at matches, period. Anytime I've had questions, or wanted to tweak something with the gun, I call Taran and he takes care of me. The money spent is an investment for the life of the gun.

With all that said, I shoot with plenty of guys who have guns that run just as well with not nearly as much invested in them. It's all up to you and how much you want to pay to play.

I don't regret my decision one bit.

Edited by Mberry

Taran builds are high end guns I would say it all depends on two things

(!) If you have the cash ---spend once cry once, and don't look back

(2)Your shooting ability ---cheaper gun=more ammunition, and practice

I'd buy one, but right now I lack those 2

It's hard to quantify "worth it". I have shot and played with an M1 worked over by Taran, and it was certainly a work of art and very functional. Is it more reliable or better functionally than my Versamax that I hacked up myself? No. But it was the best looking shotgun I've ever held, and I wouldn't consider it money wasted if you can swing it.

I've had my TTI M2 for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. It runs like a top and shoots slugs like a laser. Are his guns worth the extra $$? Probably not. An AI or TSS gun with a few $500 - $800 worth if shells will make anyone a better shooter than a TTI gun by itself.

But, with that said, I do not regret buying a gun from Taran. I wanted a gun right away and he had enough parts to build three different configurations. We talked about options and preferences on a Monday and he built me a 26" model and had it in my hands by that Friday so I could have it for a match Saturday.

As mentioned above, I think he does have some of the best customer service out there. He has sent me free accessories and goodies just because he developed and released them after my gun was built. The last time I spoke to him he was going to send me his new bolt handle and safety until I told him that he built my gun with the most up to date version of both those parts.

As a side note, (and a little of a funny story) I was going to go the TSS route before I was unable to find the factory gun for the build. One thing that I had a disagreement with Benny on was the trigger. He told me that his guns do not come with trigger jobs. (I believe that all guns no matter what their intended purpose is should have a good trigger.) I thanked Benny for his time and called Taran directly afterwards. The first question that I asked him was if his guns had trigger jobs. His exact answer, "It has a trigger, doesn't it?". At that particular point, I knew he was my kind of fella and he was going to be a pleasure to do business with.

Caz, a guy that shoots locally with us has one. I've shot it (and I'm sure he would let you if you asked)...it turned out pretty nice. Unless you don't like what you are shooting now I don't think it would be an improvement for you.

The best thing tti has going is their turn around time. You can get a comparable gun to my AI within a couple weeks. I love my AI, but good luck getting ahold of Mike and you'll have to wait months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ambluemax

I'm picking up my M2 in less then a week. I called them up and headed down to his place. Coustomer service is great and I was able to check out all the options he had to offer. Most people don't realize that it's a 3 man operation they have so if they don't respond to your emails right away it's alway good to give them a call. If Taran is there not at a comptition he's more than willing to talk to you if you have questions and to give his opinion.

No, I haven't seen on of his, but I have an AI M2. If you think you are going to get better performance for your extra 5-800, you will be sadly mistaken. Buy a plain m2 or a AI m2 and put the rest of the money into shells and you will be way ahead.

x2 on the AI M2

I have a TSS M1 and a Taran M2. I tried both out earlier this year to compare them. They both pretty much shoot the same. I found I was a few tenths faster to break 8 clays with the TTI gun. And more consistent. The stippling is excellent. Great grip.

The biggest advantage, and I don't know that others aren't doing it now, is Taran's accuracy work. I sent him a 26" gun. He couldn't get it to shoot the way he wanted so he swapped the barrel at my request. He's still not happy with the point of aim. It shoots an inch and a half left at 50yard for me. Even though Taran isn't happy I'm ecstatic. The reason I can tell where it's shooting with that much precision is because it puts them all in one ragged hole. I thought I missed twice till I walked up to the target. And that's with just a fiber bead, no rifle sight.

post-26226-139845004411_thumb.jpg

Mine is the 24" barrel on the left. The quality of the work is amazing. The shotgun runs. 2 of my friends have sent TTI their previously worked Benellis because they know that my TTI runs. They actually spent more money than just originally buying a TTI.

You also have know that Taran answers the phone and emails. You do not have post where's Taran like some other smiths.

PTP

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398450042.900640.jpg

Mine is the 24" barrel on the left. The quality of the work is amazing. The shotgun runs. 2 of my friends have sent TTI their previously worked Benellis because they know that my TTI runs. They actually spent more money than just originally buying a TTI.

You also have know that Taran answers the phone and emails. You do not have post where's Taran like some other smiths.

PTP

Absolutely. If you ever need to call us and ask us questions, we're more than happy to answer them. You also have the added benefit of Taran test firing them before he sends them out. He spends a lot of time making sure you don't get a dysfunctional weapon, and in the off chance that there's a botch we'll do everything in our power to get it fixed up for you and turned back around before your next match.