Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 +5 and a +1 or +6? Opinions?

ropsitos

I'm having a hard time deciding on a +5 and a +1 or a +6.

I want 10 in the tube, reliably, and I've been reading about the +5's not giving you 10 shells without cutting the spring down significantly. I also want the keep the length down and I think 11 in the tube isn't as much a benefit because I load in even increments. Obviously though if there is one in the tube and have the opportunity to load 10, I can, vs loading 8.

So i was thinking +5 and +1 because it gives me options...if the +5 doesn't give me 10 with the mag spring length that keeps the gun running, I can just put the +1 on and I'm good to go.

Only penalty I can see to the +5 and +1 is the extra $25 for the end cap vs a straight +6.

Let me know what you think

thanks
Bob

I went with the Nordic +4. This gives me 9 in the tube for the start, and I tend to reload after 6 or 8 because I use L2/6's or 4x4 carriers. Cutting the spring seems to be a trial and error kind of thing. Some guys go 10" beyond the tube and other go 12". Buy extra springs and try a few different lengths.

I might be out of the norm here, but I got the Briley +6. I didn't trim the spring at all. I can fit 11 with the last round just barely making it past the catch. I probably have 400-500 rounds through it so far, no issues.