Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 brightness

disxbxjun

I read people saying that the brightness on their RTS2 dot is brighter or just as bright as the standard Cmore. When comparing my RTS2 to a standard Cmore, the brightest setting on my RTS2 is not as bright. I would say maybe 3/4th full brightness on the Cmore is the max brightness i'm getting on the RTS2. I am wondering if mine is defective? Anyone else have these results?

standard Cmores are all over the place as far as brightness and size. I have 6s that are bigger than 8s. Some dots are dim, some are like looking into the sun. I'll have my RTS today and will check it against my other Cmore

standard Cmores are all over the place as far as brightness and size. I have 6s that are bigger than 8s. Some dots are dim, some are like looking into the sun. I'll have my RTS today and will check it against my other Cmore

Yeah I'm interested in what you observe.

Yeah I'm interested in what you observe.

Mine is just about as bright as my favorite 8 moa which is very bright. Some of my other standard cmore were dimmer, but they have been sitting for a while. Overall it is right where I want it to be. I would see if you could compare yours to another RTS and if it is dimmer, send it back

Update: I purchased another RTS2 6 moa and it is just as bright and more defined than my standard cmore. I am completely happy with it now. Contacted cmore about the dim one and mailed it out today for them to take a look at it. Thanks everyone for your input. I like the sight and setup and didn't want to give up on it thinking the dimness of the dot was just the way it is.

I'll update again with what cmore says.

Same here its like 3/4 of my reg cmore slide rides. What brand of battery are you guys using?

I had tried multiple brands of batteries and didn't see any difference in the brightness.

• 2 weeks later...

Also depending on the type of powder or how much gas your open gun blows into the RTS2 the emitter can start to haze over and the dot will loose brightness, on a sunny day shooting steel challenge I had this occur. Just remove the bottom plate so you can access for cleaning and there is a small bearing and spring for the click adjustment so makes sure you don't drop it. I used lint free swabs and alcohol to clean it and now the dot is back to normal.

Also they do make a rechargeable 2032 battery, it's a lir2032 and it's 3.6 volts vs. 3. Tried it today and it is a brightness or 2 more. Don't think an extra .6v will affect anything....we'll see, just thought I'd share.

• 1 month later...

So I just got an update from Cmore on the RTS2 I sent in that was dim. They tried cleaning the diode, but it did not fix the issue. They are waiting for the new updated circuit boards to replace mine. They said hopefully I should get it back sometime next week.

The rubber O ring fix failed on my gun at a sectional match and the brightness was still dim compared to other rts2's so I did end up sending it back to C-more. They sent me the newer design and I haven't had any issues yet, it does go just as bright as a standard C-more and no O ring.

They sent me the newer design and I haven't had any issues yet, it does go just as bright as a standard C-more and no O ring.

Glad to hear that the newer design is working for you.

I guess I have been lucky with my back-up RTS2 that I have been currently running while my other one is at Cmore. It is not the newer design and I did do the rubber O ring fix and it has been running fine for 1,000+ rounds. No issues with it turning off or losing brightness.