Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Son going to regional spelling bee!

openclassterror

My oldest boy Ben ( who shoots 3gun with me) took 2nd place in district, Middle School level. As a 6th grader, he beat every 6th, 7th, and 8th grader in our district except for the 8th grader that won State last year. He now goes against the best 2 from every district on Southern Oregon in a month for a shot to go back to state again this year! He tied for first last year in the elementary level state competition, but that is the highest level of competition for elementary. Now he has an opportunity to go to the national bee if he finishes top 3 at the state level. I couldn't be more proud of my son! (Unless of course he gets a 3gun sponsorship :) ) FWIW, we took the spelling test from our seats in the audience last year. He beat me and his mom with ease. Don't know where he got the brains, but he is a keeper!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!! On Saturday, Ben finished 2nd overall in the middle school division at regionals, and is now the alternate for State level. He tied first for 25 straight words, then missed out by one word in the tie-breaker round. Only one 8th grader in 5 counties bested him, and it wasn't the one that took the State championship last year. Still a chance of going to State if the other boy withdraws, but I have only seen that once in the last 3 years. I am super proud of my super speller!

Tom

Edited by openclassterror