Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger SR1911 Commander

WidowsSon683

It has good balance and it shoots well but it is one heavy son-of-a-gun. With so many other lighter and higher capacity pistols available, this model is not at the top of my list of choices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have Ruger SR1911 CMD and have been very happy with it. My gun was assembled correctly and has worked fine through its 1st 1k rounds. Only thing that I replaced was the factory recoil spring to an 18 # spring. I think this gun is on par w/ Kimber and Springfield but offers a better value. It'll clean up really well for custom work or be be just fine in stock form.

The only big issue that I've read were the front sights cracking off. Read more about this on the 1911 forum:

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Edited by fatcat

I have one and love it. Shoots well, easy to carry with a good holster, price and fit is good.

I did have some after market night sights added, TruGlo I think, and just cleaned up everything inside.

I have not shot a competition with it, however, I would feel comfortable shooting it in CDP in that IDPA thing and as a back up for USPSA, it is really hit the fan.

Regards,

Mads

You can't miss fast enough

Hey thanks everybody for the reviews. I am going to get one in the next week or 2. The only problem is I dont know what kinda holster to get that will be comfortable everyday. It has to be IWB just because my shirt might not always be long enough to cover the muzzle OWB. Mad i sent you a message.

I tried a Galco Summer Comfort once. Didn't like it. I know other guys that like them. Plenty of other good brands of holsters out there. Picking a material type may help narrow the seach, too. Ultimately this will boil down to your preferences as everyone is different. That and buying one and trying it out.

-Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased an Aliengear or Alien ware something along those lines to try out since it was only $30

I like it, alot, I own the Crossbreed, as well as a Galco King tuk, and I feel like it is on par comfort wise, but seems like I normally end up carrying a plastic gun in the crossbreed, as it is the most comfortable, but I am trying to like carrying the heavy gun.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...