Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You need bullets to do the shooting!

Dr Mitch

Yesterday, about 2/3 through a stage I was mid-mag change, and noticed that the fresh mag was very light. Dropped it, and whipped in another to continue engaging the array I had arrived at. It jacked with my head, and I just started to unload when I realized I had to shoot another short array. Added 5-6 seconds to the stage time on what would have been a screaming and highly competitive run. Went to load mags afterward, and turns out there was another mag on my belt with only a few rounds. Turns out I missed grabbing that one during my run, and could have had the same issue twice! Somehow when loading mags after shooting the previous stage I failed to actually put more bullets in those two of my mags. I've been shooting Prod for a few matches, so I need all mags loaded. Yikes!

Yep. After every stage go straight to the range bag and TAKE OFF ALL MAGS. Load everything and double check them all. I take my time right after I shoot so I am ready to go at a moments notice.

I learned this lesson on my second match. It was a classifier stage. Shoot bottom 3 reload shoot top 3 or visa versa. I had a belt full of partially loaded mags. I got through the first 3 targets did my mandatory mag change shot off two more, slide lock. Reloaded shot off two more slide lock. Reloaded and finished. It was LOL funny. Never had that problem again.

I put the mags back on my belt while i walk the stage with the scorer, then i take them all off, unload them and reload all of them to make sure they are set for the next stage. Only takes a few minutes, but it can save the match for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I put the mags back on my belt while i walk the stage with the scorer, then i take them all off, unload them and reload all of them to make sure they are set for the next stage. Only takes a few minutes, but it can save the match for you.

Good idea! I got caught with my pants down at one stage by not following this rule. Learned the hard way......Mama said I was hard headed....:)

It might not be the best method but I put used mags in my pouches backwards. I have glock mags that I colorfilled the numbers on so they are white if they are in backwards, and I know they were used when I shot the stage. Go back and reload those ones.