Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear modification

aleks10

If someone would be so kind to share their knowledge with us noobs how to properly modify the sear if we install Extreme hammer...

I have a stock 2 large frame and long sear option...

Thank you in advance...

Edited by aleks10

even me i am waiting for a stock 2 and the tabfoglio website is a little confusing to buy parts , what part number does it have the long sear option .

tanfoglio should make a series of vids on how to install the new parts

thanks

Eric Grauffel confirmed to me that the long sear is the way to go with the xtreme hammer.

"It will bring the hammer further back for single action, and it will feel lighter"

From what I understand, the only part of the sear that needs to be modified is the part that contacts the safety. Other parts may require deburring, but not any removal of material.

I have an xtreme hammer and long sear on the way for my stock 3, so I'll be attempting this when I get it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189202&hl=%2Bxtreme#entry2093854

Edited by Onagoth

Thanks Onagoth.

So, the one piece sear and the long sear are not the same? Is the long sear an E.G./Tanfo part or is it the same as the Tanfo/EAACorp S.A. sear or something else? Sorry for my ignorance, I have been paying attention, but its kind of complicated. You all have been very patient and there are probably others who are confused.

I was thinking about how much I owe the people on this forum and it occurred to me that we all owe a lot to many people: John Moses Browning, František Koucký, Giuseppe Tanfoglio, the original thirteen colony's delegates who insisted on a second amendment to Thomas Jefferson's Constitution and the heavy hitters on this forum. Thank you all, wherever you may be.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

I think the long piece and one piece sear are one in the same. Actually though, my buddy just told me the 2 piece sear is the better option for the DA/SA gun since the single action difference is negligible and the double action is better.

His basic comment was that if the one piece sear was the way to go, that's what they'd be putting in the new xtreme guns, yet they are not.

I'm gonna get both and see.

fitting it just the same as if you were fitting a hammer to any gun of this type (like a CZ etc). you have to fit the sear for proper operation of the safety. the sear has a trigger bar leg and a safety leg. you want to 'fit' (aka file) the safety leg of the sear so that the safety engages properly. there should be pics around of this being done on a CZ. at the end of the day if you aren't confident, and bearing in mind it's a competition firearm just get a gunsmith to do it. it should not be expensive.

I order this stuff from Eric, I´m waiting for new Extreme flat DA trigger to arrive, so I´ll order all toghether... It takes 2 days to arrive, I´m from EU :)

Are there any 'Extreme flat DA triggers'? Only SA as far as I know..

I order this stuff from Eric, I´m waiting for new Extreme flat DA trigger to arrive, so I´ll order all toghether... It takes 2 days to arrive, I´m from EU :)

Are there any 'Extreme flat DA triggers'? Only SA as far as I know..

They are coming in a few days :bow:

I didn't end up taking any pics....but the long sear is the 1 piece sear. That sear with the extreme hammer didn't make too much difference in DA but the SA is awesome now. The reset is substantially shorter and the weight is right around 2.5#

Pretty happy

little offtopic, I send Eric mail if they consider to produce Extreme disconector :surprise: , his answer was:

yes we are thinking of it, to make one sear which will be plug and play with no fitting...but before that we have to make 141mm base pad for open and USPSA Limited and a new magwell...