Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LCP 380 reloads

Msbassociates

Still need help guys. Finally got to the range with my 380 Ruger LCP. I went from 1.7 grn to 2.0 grn load, cartiage still will not eject. Lyman's reads 95 grn min 1.7 grn max 2.5 grn. Reloads are the same size as factory ammo that ejects just fine (measured diameter & length with a caliper) all checked with a case gauge, should I increase the load, or am I doing something else wrong? My reloads on 9mm & 40 s&w work great. NEED SOME HELP!!!

Success with the 380. It did take 3 grn's of powder but now eject fine and are accurate.

HELP WITH MY NEXT PROBLEM

On my 40 cal reloads I again am using 700x, 180 grain bullet. Loading with 4.2 grn's of powder. Last week I had a bullet get stuck in the barrel. I wrote that off to missing a powder charge. This week the same thing happen, fired two to three rounds and then one got stuck in the barrel. I was very careful to check each load, not to say that I could not have missed one, but could there be any other reason? Firing a Glock 17 gen2

• 4 weeks later...

Also, what did your squibs sound and feel like? Did you hear or feel the shots, or was it more of a click? With amplified hearing protection, the squibs I've had sounded and felt like failures to fire (i.e. light primer strikes) and it was only when I cycled the slide, expecting a "dud round" to eject that I was surprised to find brass with no bullet.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Hodgden's load data on their website is way too low, especially for thier IMR powders. Thier starting data wouldn't cycle my guns as well. Use and trust printed data from loading manuals. They can be trusted.

• 4 weeks later...

Since it’s a 380 LCP, I assume you are loading for self-defense practice. It would be better to use the maximum load listed in your reloading manual, otherwise you are not really practicing, because once you load manufactured self-defense carry ammo you are going to see a big difference.