Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF with my Glock 34

cruiten

What GSSF category/division would I have to shoot in with my Glock 34 that I shoot in USPSA Production Division?

I replaced the original sights with Heinies, the original recoil rod with a Tungsten rod, I changed the recoil spring to a 13# ISMI, and I had a Vanek trigger job.

I am thinking that with all my changes it will still be "Amateur Competition", but I would appreciate it if someone could validate this for me.

Thanks.

Cor

You'll have to get it back to all stock parts (except the sights) to qualify for anything except "Unlimited". I forget if the Vanek trigger counts as 'stock' or not-- if it does (and I'm sure it's posted here somewhere), then drop the original recoil system back in and you're good to go for Am-Comp

Like Shred said, you have to go back to stock parts to shoot in Competition category. The only non-Glock parts you can use are replacement sights of the notch & post variety (no fiber optics).

Or you can leave it as is and shoot Unlimited.

Personally, I would switch back to "stock" config and shoot both categories.

Thanks everyone for the info!

It sounds like it would be a lot easier to shoot in "Unlimited" because I only plan on shooting GSSF once, maybeeeeee twice, in a year and I shoot USPSA once or twice every month.

Thanks again.

Cor

It sounds like it would be a lot easier to shoot in "Unlimited" because I only plan on shooting GSSF once, maybeeeeee twice, in a year and I shoot USPSA once or twice every month.

You might want to re-think that position. Competition division is limited to what GSSF considers "amateur" shooters. Unlimited is one of the few divisions that the "masters" are allowed to shoot in. You have a much better chance of winning a gun or money by shooting in Competition division.

Check some of the top scores from past GSSF matchs at gssfonline.com. You might note that the best times in Competition are in the 70 to 90 second range. Best times in Unlimited are often in the 45 to 60 second range.

Besides, as long as you didn't throw the factory parts away, it's not a big deal to swap them out, and then change them back to shoot IPSC with.

What GSSF category/division would I have to shoot in with my Glock 34 that I shoot in USPSA Production Division?

I replaced the original sights with Heinies, the original recoil rod with a Tungsten rod, I changed the recoil spring to a 13# ISMI, and I had a Vanek trigger job.

I am thinking that with all my changes it will still be "Amateur Competition", but I would appreciate it if someone could validate this for me.

Thanks.

Cor

You can not use the G34 or G35 in the Amateur Civilian division in GSSF, but you can use it in the Amateur Competition.