Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What recoil spring are you using in G34?

CPW1265

I have never been able to get any of my glocks to go back into complete battery doing the function test with a 13lb spring. The 15 pound springs work much better for me. I hold the glock up at about 45 degree to 90 degrees pull the slide back and slowly let the slide forward and check for battery. Some competitors are okay if this is done vertically, I'm not. That's just me though you will have to accept what level of battery return you're comfortable with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G34, gen3

GlockStore Captured Heavy Tungsten Guide Rod 11# Recoil Spring

4.5# Striker Spring w/zev tech skeletonized extended striker

KKM Barrel

White (.40/.357Gap) Spring-loading Bearing

LOAD: 135gr Xtreme RNFP, 3.5 TG, 1.130 OAL--PF approx 131-134

Kicks the brass out to the right about 3-4 feet...VERY smooth operation...no "non-ammo" FTE in over 30k rounds.

**Now** ... I did try a 13# GlockStore Captured Heavy Tungsten Guide Rod ... and I was having extraction issues. Cases were just 'rolling' out of the pistol..maybe 3-6 inches...had a couple FTEs

Went back 11# spring.

Battery test works every time with 11# and 13# springs.

Edited by J.P. Thomas

I have a Gen3 G34. I replaced the recoil spring with a 13 lbs ISMI and really liked the way it felt. But, I had occasional failures to go into battery, so I replaced the factory striker spring with a reduced power one. It went into battery 100%, but now I had occasional light strikes. So I went with a 15 lbs recoil spring and factory striker. Works 100%, but I definitly liked the feel of the 13 lbs better. Most of the shooters I know use the 13 lbs spring; I don't know why mine wouldn't work.