Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Holsters

Nimitz

Safariland 014. Having tried the Racemaster, I'm not sure how anyone would prefer it over the Safariland, but to each his own. Not bagging on the Racemaster, just my opinion that the 014 is better.

Different material and production. I did everything humanly possible with the racer and still had to tilt the holster back before a stage. I maintained about a centimeter of wobble no matter what. Its cheaper for a reason and not just because you cant switch inserts.

I think you got a bad racer.

My Racer has been every bit as good as Racemasters I have used, and possibly a little smoother.

Mechanically they are exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different material and production. I did everything humanly possible with the racer and still had to tilt the holster back before a stage. I maintained about a centimeter of wobble no matter what. Its cheaper for a reason and not just because you cant switch inserts.

I think you got a bad racer.

My Racer has been every bit as good as Racemasters I have used, and possibly a little smoother.

Mechanically they are exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I´m standing in front of the same decision, broke it down to race master or racer.

I don´t care if it is plastic if it is durable, the "look" is not important for me, I don´t care for "switching inserts" because I don´t use the holsters for different guns (does anyone?) - but - I do care for the term of use.

So, are the mechanically exactly the same or not?

You always here different statements, maybe because someone prefers his own stuff.

Is the use of both the same?

Would anyone realize if he is using a racemaster or a racer if he can´t see which one he has on his rig?

If so, what would be the difference?

(Wobbeling, really?)