Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifling in 625

Steve H

I recently got a 625JM and have shot about 300 rounds thru it........the gun was new when I got it........and i have cleaned it a few times....the rifling looks odd......almost like Glock rifling.......is this normal.....it shoots just fine..

Steve

Thanks........I have a few thousand FMJ bullets left, and just started buying coated lead bullets from Dillon.....

the rifling just doesn't seem to be really defined like I am used to seeing in my 1911's.

Edited by Steve H

If it shoots good groups I wouldn't worry about it. Not sure which coated bullets you are going to use but the Bayou bullets that I have used shoot very clean. Bayou uses some sort of plastic coating that seems to burn out. I use to really be anal about cleaning the inside of the barrel but my guns were always more accurate not cleaned.

I had never heard of the Bayou bullets, but a friend of mine told me about them and we just split a case in 9mm.........thanks, I will clean the 625 again tonight, and shoot some 25 yard groups tomorrow.......

thanks

Don't get over worried about cleaning unless your leading heavy. My 610 has at least 8,000 round down the tube and I have not used so much as a pach down the barrel. Just depends on what your shooting and the gun.