Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dissident Arms Multigun Training/Practice for STI-TXMG 2014 (HOUSTON)

Dissident Arms Multigun Training/Practice for STI - TXMG 2014

https://www.facebook...entarmsmultigun

Date: April 6 2014 – Multigun Practice Every 1st SUNDAY

Time: Check-In 8:30am Shots Fired 9:00am

Range: The Impact Zone

Range Address: 10878 Kerr Rd. Hempstead, TX 77445

Training/Practice Fee $ 35

Junior Discount $ 20 ($15 off)

Match Director: Lan Nguyen lan@dissidentarms.com 832-767-9644

Co MD: Mike Whitesides mike@dissidentarms.com 281-914-1026

Sign-Up: MatchSignUp.org

http://matchsignup.org/match/default.php?matchid=155

Dissident Arms Multigun will be hosting a live fire training and practice session the SUNDAY before STI Texas Multigun 2014. It is important to use more than local matches as your practice. The total trigger time at a match is not enough to make you crush bad habits, and develop sound skills. Test new gear, knock the dust off you old gear, and give the dry fire practice a live run. If there is a hole in your game better to have it exposed at practice than at a match.

Join us as we prepare for STI Texas Multigun Championships of 2014 on April 11-13, 2014 (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?s=83de3eb2b5a0b4a949d3e0937225e27d&showtopic=177749). Even if you are not making the Major all will benefit from the practice. Four stages; each testing basic to advance skills. Run 2-3 times each.

New shooters, juniors, and LADIES encouraged to come out!

Stage 1: SHOTGUN

4 arrays of birdshot steel, 1 array of clays, 2 slug targets. Stage can be shot from strong side or weak; do both to know how it feels. Those with shooting on the move skills and loading skills will do best.

Stage 2: PISTOL

Quick paper double taps with steel arrays in between to keep you honest. Only shoot as fast as you can see them. The transition of paper and steel challenges your front sight focus. Variation in steel size will set the speed at which you fire.

Stage 3: RIFLE & PISTOL

All paper 1-25yrd off hand on the move w/ a port in the mix. Start with rifle or pistol, engage paper from the right or left grounding a safe firearm the transition to the other reengaging the same set of paper. Add a forced reload for on the clock training.

Stage4: RIFLE

Knock down (4) 8in steel 50yrd offhand from two positions. Then move to barricade and engage 100rd plate rack 8in and (1) 4x10 & (1) 10x4. All 100yrd shots must be supported.

If range conditions allow 200yrd and 300yrd rifle positions will be setup.

Edited by DissidentArms

Will this be a rain or shine event?

Its been a long time since I shot a 3 gun match where it didn't rain. Weekend forecast is 35% chance of thunder showers. With my luck it will probably flood in Austin for the Tx Multigun the following weekend.

I guess we need it to rain Sunday for it to really prepare us.

And we are in the middle of a drought.

yes we are going to be there rain or shine we may scale things back depending on the weather and number of shooters. this too will be my last chance to practice before Texas multi gun. so I'll be there.

you do not have to pay with PayPal but if you could please register online just skip the payment section and pay when and if you arrive.

after Task Force dagger last week I'm all good rain mud whatever

Edited by DissidentArms

If it ain't rainin', you ain't trainin'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I bet you've got a T-shirt that has that printed on it. If not, you should! :D

I felt bad that I could not shoot our match with y'all in the rain, but we got our fill at Task Force Dagger. I will work on the shirts Bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'll be there. I need to work on my rifle a bit before TXMG.

I call BS bc we all know your a fair weather shooter. What you gonna do next wknd?

Well I should have prefaced that statement with I'll be there as long as the weather is partly sunny with temperatures ranging from from 68-72 and humidity between 22 & 35%.

Next weekend I may have to shoot from inside my truck. That's legal right?

Weather does not look promising. We will be there with our steel although things will be scaled back. Setup will be based off of range conditions and the shooters that show. At minimum we will have run the big bay.

Good event today. Even in the rain. I enjoyed the open format and opportunity to work on multiple runs through each stage worth feedback and coaching from the group. Look forward to the next one.

Glad Nick got to keep his hair styled and out of the rain. Lol

Suggest next time we incorporate some drill activities like 9 hole barricade, etc

Sorry I missed the practice today but it was my anniversary today and since I'm going to be shooting matches the next 4 weekends straight I thought it wise to build up a little bank by hanging out and doing some honey-do's! That and it was raining and I'm all out of waterproof Vidal Sassoon hair product!

Nick

Edited by nicholastheczar