Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200 Gr 40 cal. Bayou with WSF Load Data please

jargon51

Hi everyone,

I did a search for this and came up with some information but not really what I was looking for. So as the title says I would love to get some load data for a 200 gr 40 cal bayou bullet using WSF. Looking to make major pf for limited and will be shot out of an STI Edge.

I ordered a sample pack of the 180 gr and 200 gr from Donnie and want to be ready when they get here. I have some good info on the 180 gr load but lacking with the 200 gr. Feel free to share your 180 gr load as well if you have them.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jargon51

Don't load for it but on Hodgdon's site it gave this info as maybe somewhere to start

Winchester

WSF
.400"
OAL 1.125"
Min 4.4
Vel 786 fps
27,300 PSI
Max 4.8
Vel 867 fps
33,100 PSI

Don't load for it but on Hodgdon's site it gave this info as maybe somewhere to start

Winchester

WSF
.400"
OAL 1.125"
Min 4.4
Vel 786 fps
27,300 PSI
Max 4.8
Vel 867 fps
33,100 PSI

Thanks, saw this but was hoping for some real life experience. Oh well, may have to work my own from these starting points.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Each gun/bbl is going to be different. I would suggest getting a chronograph if you don't have one and loading to the minimum load or there abouts, and working up or down from there to achieve your desired PF. I learned long ago, other's load data does not reproduce well in someone else's gun.