Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Case Feeder problem

My case feeder quit working. Tried different wall sockets, no joy. DOA

I know electronics are not under the regular Dillon warranty. However, I was wondering if Dillon repaired them or perhaps offered returning customers some kind of exchange?

I'm going to have to get it fixed or replaced!

The unit was purchased new in 1999 or 2000. It's never given me a single problem.

Bob

I bought a used scale and after a week screen went bad. They gave me a new one half off. But that was years ago. Who knows these days. Doesn't hurt to ask for help. They are very reasonable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you make sure it wasn't something simple like one of the switches?

When my original RL 1050 case feeder quit it turned out to be the case feed switch that stopped. I rebuilt the switch and it has worked for another 3 years and 100+000 case drops.

Check. The easy stuff first.

Retread

The micro switch on my 1050 quit, or so I thought. Ordered a new one and when I started removing the old one, the motor started again! Check the switches as mentioned above.

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

Gosh,

Great replies. Many thanks. My problem....I'm mechanically challenged.

I took the unit down again and a little piece of plastic popped out. Don't have a clue what it is...but when I plugged it back in....Wa--La...working again.

Guys, sorry for bothering you all. If it keeps working, I'm good!

Bob

check the on/off switch .. I had a problem with the actuator arm getting stuck on the feed tube.. I had to re-adjust the length of the tube..

I am having a problem with the case feeder on my 650. When the tube is filled it will not stop running. There is a little arm sensor that sticks into the tube. Would adjusting the length of the tube solve that?

That arm should be working to open and close the circuit to start and stop the motor. Once the tube fills and a case rests on the arm it should be be stopping the motor. If it doesn't, then likely that switch is failing. They are incredibly cheap and I can send them to people if needed. I do a little side job that requires those same switches, so I usually have them.

check the on/off switch .. I had a problem with the actuator arm getting stuck on the feed tube.. I had to re-adjust the length of the tube..

I am having a problem with the case feeder on my 650. When the tube is filled it will not stop running. There is a little arm sensor that sticks into the tube. Would adjusting the length of the tube solve that?
no but bending the arm out a little might

My case feeder quit working. Tried different wall sockets, no joy. DOA

I know electronics are not under the regular Dillon warranty. However, I was wondering if Dillon repaired them or perhaps offered returning customers some kind of exchange?

I'm going to have to get it fixed or replaced!

The unit was purchased new in 1999 or 2000. It's never given me a single problem.

Bob

Have you checked voltages to it yet