Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 30 Gen4 and glock 4.5 connector

galt11

Dan,

I would agree, they are individual to not only each person, but also to each gun. I have two identical 17 gen4s and both have the same connector and they feel just a bit different.

Adam

If I can ask a question a bit off topic, where is the best place to get the factory 4.5 or minus connector. I know most places charge in the neighborhood of $30 for a part an armorer buys for $3.

Adam

The () and the (-) connector are only allowed for LEO Armorers and the ones you buy that are $30 like at glockstore and such are bought somehow from a supplier. The LoneWolf is a GLOCK (-) just with some mill work done the rest are stamped and formed.

Not exactly.....Glock will not sell a - connector to anyone except for the 34,35, and maybe 41 (not sure on that one). When an armorer orders he must list a serial number. If it is a serial number for a gun other the above, then Glock will refuse to sell a - connector. Believe me...I tried to see what would happen. The order was immediately refused.

The Glock original - connectors in the aftermarket are apparently imported from countries where they can be purchased. The retailer incurs some additional cost in this process and he knows you can't get the connector any other way so he hoses you for all you will bear.

I'm one who believes Glock must have a valid reason for this refusal. I did however buy one (Glock branded) from the aftermarket to test it. I put it in a 17 and could not tell any difference in the trigger pull. I have two Gen 4 17's and shooting them side by side I cannot tell a difference. Based on the overlap in the Glock specs for the connectors (seen in armorers class) , I am not surprised at this result.