Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View angle

JonSnow

I've been shooting the occasional rimfire match and steel challenge with a marvel 1911 conversion and a Burris FastFire II. I like the set-up overall, but I feel like I have a hard time finding the dot initially (I don't shoot open in USPSA so I don't have a lot of trigger time with dots). I've heard that the C-mores have a much larger viewing that would make the dot easier to find. Does anyone have concrete numbers to compare the two?

Alternatively, I have an Aimpoint R1 micro dot. It's a tube style dot and I was thinking it might be easier to align quickly using the tube. I don't see any open shooters doing that, so I think I'm missing something. Thoughts?

Dry fire/dry-drawing from holster do this for about a 30mins a night for a week and you will be amazed how easy you aquire the ability to see the dot instantly. Just repetition and it will come.

It is all about lens size. imagine if you look through your sight at the target area and you draw a line around the edge of the lens this line is the limit of where your gun can be pointed and you will still be able to see the dot in it. So now do the same thing with a larger lens and you can see you will have a larger area that the gun can point and still show you the dot. so all other things being equal (dot quality, durability, brightness, weight...) a larger lens will be easier to find and track a dot with.

Mike

Thanks all for the replies. Kneelingatlas, I do like the lens size on the C-more but I'd be going with a slideride so the bore axis problem gets worse, not better. My frame does double duty in SSTK, so I don't want to put a 90 degree mount on it.

For now I'll stick with the Burris, do a lot of dry fire work and casually keep my eyes open for a good deal on a C-more.