Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shifting into 6th Gear at 230 MPH!

Shadowrider

I have a modded and tuned R1 that I have banged off of the limiter several times. Speedo stops at reading at 189 but I have never GPS tracked it. Prolly 170 or so and let me tell you that at that fast things come towards you a Lot faster then you think.

I have been upwards of 160 in a built Camaro SS and I had my LT1 trans am to 150. My TA got squirmy so that was as fast as I would take it. Motor would keep pulling but my balls weren't big enough in that car lol.

Those venom g's are absolutely insane. I've heard literally SCARY FAST! You can't go wrong with a twin turbo viper engine stuck into a little lotus else chassis :-D

I'm pretty sure the Venom GT is a LS Chevy motor.

Hmm, your right. The whole concept started off with the twin turbo viper V10, but later switched to the LS7.

From the Hennessy site:

“One day I joked about putting the Venom 1000 Twin Turbo engine in the back of a Lotus Exige. Then I thought, let’s do a sketch and see what that might look like. When I saw the sketch I stopped laughing and really started to seriously think about this idea. We then had a few more detailed renderings made. And when I saw these drawings, I thought to myself, we can build this car with 1000+ hp and a weight well under 3000 lbs. A mid-engine design like the Ford GT will put the weight of the motor and transmission over the rear tires giving better traction. Design as much downforce as we will need to have a car that handles like a kart on the road or race track. At the same time also have a car with the best power to weight ratio possible giving unmatched acceleration. This is how the Venom GT concept was born.”

From Evo's article:

"Six years later and with the help and investment of Hennessey’s business partner Don Goldman, that dream is a reality. In that time the Chrysler V10 was dropped in favour of Hennessey’s twin-turbo take on the lighter, more compact and ultimately more powerful 7-litre Chevy LS7 V8 small block."

Edited by EngineerEli

• 2 weeks later...