Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy from VA

brownnutz

Evening everyone...uh, my name is Tony. I like long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners and holding hands. I'm 5'8"....WAIT A MINUTE!!..wrong site. HA!

Anyway. I was pointed to this site by my good friend Alex (r0kwan) primarily because of my utter need to find a Mossberg JM 930. I am pretty new to shooting as I've been only doing it actively for about 2 years but with a LOT of help from people like Alex, I think I have come a long way. I am SUPER lucky to live in the wonderful Commonwealth of VA only for the reason of my ability to exercise my basic 2nd Amendment rights. Not sure what else to say really. Sense of community is important to me and with that said, I am looking forward to learning and participating on this site.

Thanks and yeah....awkward.

-Tony

thanks for the welcome Alma. I am completely new to shooting matches. There is a USPSA match in SoMD next weekend that I am planning on going to....if I can work out timing with the family. I see you're from the area. Are you shooting any matches? Do you belong to VaGT?

Funny, I PM'd the gentleman that owns that JM and we are discussing symantics. I am uncertain as to how to proceed with payment tho I know he can ship the long gun to my FFL without an issue.

I just signed up Kevin!! Excited to be shooting my very first match with some good people. I've shot with Alex and Clay a handful of times. GREAT shooters and even better instructors. Hopefully can put what I've learned in the A-Zone ;)

Considering this is my first match Alma, I am not sure. I know its just a pistol match so I have that. haha. I am going to run Production with my West German Sig 228 and I have a DSG Alpha holster for it as well. I don't have mag pouches but a friend of mine said that he will lend me a few which is nice. Got a good belt, ammo and a ton of mags for it so unless I am missing something, I should be good :)

FYI...I took the day off and have been holstering/dry firing all day at my house :)

Thanks Olivers.

Nice to see some friendly competition Ken. I'm just lookin to just keep learning from others like Clay and Alex. GREAT buncha guys to be around and I am super excited.

Kevin, am I supposed to hate Ken now as well? Not sure what to do here. HAHA.

The DSG looks like a nice carry holster. It you have the option then configure it goes outside the waistband.

How many pouches doesn't your friend have and will they fit your mags?

I have two loose blade tech kydex single match pouches that I use for CZ but I think I ordered it for a Beretta. I think Sig mags are similar to the Beretta so maybe they might work but you would have to try it. You would have to come by for them sometime before your match since I am not going.

For Production I like to have at least 4 pouches but 3 could get you by with another mag in your back pocket. If less then 3 just shoot limited minor and load u your high caps if you have them. PM me if interested.

thanks much for the info Alma. The DSG is an excellent holster and yes, it is an OWB. The friend that is supplying the mag pouches used to shoot a Sig in competition so I am pretty sure he has a ton in single and double configs. I appreciate the offer Alma. I'm likin the site already :)

• 4 weeks later...