Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All around Glock

Jeeper

Would it be the 17? You can shoot the 17 in 2 GSSF categories, Right? What can I do to it to keep it legal for the most different sports(ie Modifications, sights, trigger...)? Or should I give up and get a 34 and a 17? It would mainly be for USPSA but I would like to be able to shoot IDPA and GSSF with it when the need arose.

I think it depends on how often you want to shoot GSSF. If you shoot it a lot and don't want to shoot in the competition division, you pretty much need a G17 or G22. I'd go with the G17 because you will want to use factory ammo in GSSF (especially if you have a malfunction and need a "do over").

Otherwise, with handloading the G35 would be the most versatile for USPSA and also suitable for IDPA.

(and to satisfy Flex$, I too have a G17, albeit with the grip shaved to a bare minimum).

I have a 17 and a 34 if you want to shoot them side by side to see if you like one more than the other.

Thanks Vincent. I will probably take you up on that offer.

I doubt I would use it in Limited since I have a sweet STI but more for production and GSSF and some IDPA possibly.

I doubt I would use it in Limited since I have a sweet STI but more for production and GSSF and some IDPA possibly.

Well, that changes things a little. So now throw out USPSA L-10 & Limited (you will use your STI - better choice anyway). For Production, IDPA & GSSF use a G17. As bberkley said, you can shoot it in Amateur, Competition, & Stock. You can also use it in Unlimited in GSSF. Some of my best scores in that game were with a stock G17. Usually better than my scoped "Unlimited" Glock.

I think all of the listed sports will allow you to change sights and slick up the trigger.

The 34 and 35 also make great IDPA ESP guns as you can then use a steel guide rod and tune the springs to suit your taste. Also I found I loved my JP magwell not necessarily for reloads but for how it locked my grip into the gun more comfortably. In this config I didn't have to do a thing between ESP and Limited except change the recoil spring.

Take care,

I think you can use it if you black it out?

Yeah, you can use f/o fronts if you "black them out" which I have seen done with whiteout. Not that whiteout eliminates the functionality of the f/o rod, but it is legal for GSSF.

I used to use a G35 for Limited/L 10, and my G34 for Production, Speed Steel, and GSSF Indoor and Competition class (outdoor). MY G17 I only used for GSSF Amateur. I've since swapped the G17 for a G21, still use the G34, and sold the G35 and have an STI for Limited/L 10 (and will probably download it for Speed Steel).

I have a friend that shoots Production with a G19 (when he shoots). You can't go wrong with a 9mm Glock. Even the little G26 is a sweet pistol.