Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer seater misalignment

Hello, all. I noticed an issue last night with my primer seater. It's misaligned by a good amount (see below how it hugs the right).

2ltjc3l.jpg

n3snli.jpg

I tried many things like replacing/adjusting the index ball & spring, index pawl and indexer block and can't seem to fix it. Is there something I'm missing? I'm usually good at finding the problem but this has me stumped.

I have a couple of big matches coming up and don't have ammo for them. I'd hate to send it back and not be able to load.

Edited by JamesY

Your alignment issue is probably going to be fixed by adjusting the indexer block #16776 (p 48 in manual). The two bolt holes are slotted. Pushing this block towards the rear of the bench advances the shellplate further clockwise, pull it towards the edge of your bench to retard advancement.

This is how I fixed mine. It was pretty easy to do and I didn't need the alignment tool.

Your alignment issue is probably going to be fixed by adjusting the indexer block #16776 (p 48 in manual). The two bolt holes are slotted. Pushing this block towards the rear of the bench advances the shellplate further clockwise, pull it towards the edge of your bench to retard advancement.

This is how I fixed mine. It was pretty easy to do and I didn't need the alignment tool.

I tried that already. Unless I widen the holes, it's still not aligned. I've loaded about 15k rounds and this is the first time I'm having issues.

I'm currently on hold with dillon. #10 in line...

Like Twowheels I had to do a little fine tuning on mine by adjusting the indexer block. i just eyeballed it. Here is another post that has some info from Dillon about doing the alignment. (see post #4)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17512

If you ran out of travel on the indexer block probably a good thing you are calling Dillon, hopefully you got through by now!

Like Twowheels I had to do a little fine tuning on mine by adjusting the indexer block. i just eyeballed it. Here is another post that has some info from Dillon about doing the alignment. (see post #4)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17512

If you ran out of travel on the indexer block probably a good thing you are calling Dillon, hopefully you got through by now!

Got through to them but didn't get very far. I emailed the pics I posted above. We'll see what happens.

Talked to Dillon Rep yesterday about sending me the #13713, XL650 alignment tool. Said they also offered an alignment tool for the primer system, and that he would be glad to send it also. Both tools would go out that afternoon at no charge. Excellent customer service!

:cheers: