Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VCOG vs Vortex Razor HD II vs ?

Tuflehundon

I have used a couple of low to mid range 1-4 optics on my AR. Was at the range today and the guy next to me had the Vortex razor HD II 1-6 on his AR and he let me try it out. I was impressed with the quality of the glass and liked the dot. Got me to thinking that I want a higher end optic than what I have currently. I will be using it for 3gun and NFDCC (US Carbine Club) so I will want a 1-6. Now the question is, which one? I have been thinking about the Trijicon VCOG, which doesn't come out until May, but I would need to save up anyways. The VCOG has an MSRP of around $2Kish, and that puts me almost onto Swarovski territory.

help me decide here, not sure which way to go. I lean VCOG, just because of the toughness, but I'm still not sure.

Edited by Tuflehundon

For the money the Vortex 1-6 is the best thing going. The Swarovski is about the best there is but at a lot more money. I have both. I think the Vortex is 95% the Swarovski is at about half the cost. I hear good things about the Leapold MK6 as well. The VCOG is too knew for me to consider with no track record at all.
Pat

The new Trijicon is an excellent scope and you can tell that they worked on it for a long time. Glass is comparable, BDC reticles are comparable, weight, size and ruggedness lean towards the Vcog and once you take the cost of the mount into consideration, street price will only be a couple hundred difference. Either scope should serve you well. My personal choice would be the Vortex, only because of the massive FOV, which is like putting a 65" HDTV in front of your eye, the very forgiving eye box and the general "wow" factor you get when you look through it.

Shot a VCOG at a few matches last year. Clearer than anything else I have used. I realy liked the bdc. Has numbered stadia and fine enough crosshairs on reticle to be precise. Daylight bright and usable as true 1x. The integrated mount is tough as nails. They actually drop text these suckers on concrete from like 2m onto the top turret. They are a lot of $$$ but that is for a lot of scope.

Edited by Lead-Head

Vortex for clear glass, great reticle, wide FOV, and great price at Southern Guns. And their "you break it, we fix it" warranty.

Thank you kindly, sir! :)

Obviously, I love the Vortex. I have several of them myself. I have looked through the VCOG and personally I prefer the brighter illumination on the Vortex and the SFP reticle. The VCOG is a very nice scope for sure and I will be buying one, but for 3 gun I think the Vortex is a little bit better of a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk