Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt - Special Combat Government in USPSA SS Division?

Mpie427

I am planning shooting in the Single Stack Division in USPSA (.45 Major )....Is the Colt - Special Combat Government considered a factory pistol that can be used in USPSA SS Division? I think in IDPA the CDP it is allowed. This pistol is a joy to shoot. Thanks....Mike

Edited by Mpie427

SS Division isn't restricted to a list of 'factory guns'. It's intended for "regular" 1911s. I see nothing on the Colt webpage about this gun that would disallow it.

-ivan-

You are good to go! Have fun!

I did have fun...unfortunately the match I attended I was the only SS. Not sure there is a way to rank myself against the rest. Everyone else (about 30-35 shooters) played in the other divisions

Edited by Mpie427

I did have fun...unfortunately the match I attended I was the only SS. Not sure there is a way to rank myself against the rest. Everyone else (about 30-35 shooters) played in the other divisions

It is always fun to see how many Production shooters, etc. you can beat running a "Limited Eight" gun. : )

Just keep at it. SS is second only to revolver in hard guy points!

Any SA 1911 with standard bushing 5" barrels not coned but integral ramps are ok, no full length dust shields, no optics or comps of course and watch the weight. There is a strict weight limit and it must fit in a prescribed box w/mag.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning shooting in the Single Stack Division in USPSA (.45 Major )....Is the Colt - Special Combat Government considered a factory pistol that can be used in USPSA SS Division? I think in IDPA the CDP it is allowed. This pistol is a joy to shoot. Thanks....Mike

Which version of the Special Combat Government do you have? I have an O1990CM, Class D engraved, which I carry daily and shoot in USPSA SS division. Great pistol!

:-)

Tommy

• 3 weeks later...