Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide lightening

usmc1974

A number of the vendors in the vendor area can help you with this. There are all sorts of lightening cuts out there, some visible, some done internally. Search in here and on the interwebs in general until you find something you like.

A number of the vendors in the vendor area can help you with this. There are all sorts of lightening cuts out there, some visible, some done internally. Search in here and on the interwebs in general until you find something you like.

I did a search in the venders area. Typed in slide lightening nothing came up.

I was wanting to have my slide lighten up. I think they call it lightning holes who does this type of mod? thanks B

What kind of gun? What kind of cuts? If you like a certain builders signature cuts, then I would suggest using them. We've done it so many different ways, it really helps to know what a customer has in mind before accepting the work.

$100 for the top slots $25 for the bottom slots. We can coat it in Ionbond (6-8 weeks) or Cerakote (1 week on top of machine time) finishes. The machining is typically 2 weeks for simple cuts. The Para side is shop rate for machining and about $250 for all the cuts would be a ballpark price..

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Humm, can you do all the maching with out disturbing the rest of the finish I am not interested in the back of the para slide just the upper and lower slots because I don't want to disturb the lettering on the slide either . thanks B

post-7365-0-93927000-1391816942_thumb.jp

Have you done any CZ TS slides? I was thinking about something like the cuts here with a priority on making it easier to rack the slide. As you know CZs don't give you much real-estate to grab onto for the slides and the cocking serrations leave a lot to be desired.

Humm, can you do all the maching with out disturbing the rest of the finish I am not interested in the back of the para slide just the upper and lower slots because I don't want to disturb the lettering on the slide either . thanks B

Yes, The finish will be disturbed where we cut it away though.

Have you done any CZ TS slides? I was thinking about something like the cuts here with a priority on making it easier to rack the slide. As you know CZs don't give you much real-estate to grab onto for the slides and the cocking serrations leave a lot to be desired.

Yes, we've done pretty much every type of common slide.

• 4 weeks later...

$100 for the top slots $25 for the bottom slots. We can coat it in Ionbond (6-8 weeks) or Cerakote (1 week on top of machine time) finishes. The machining is typically 2 weeks for simple cuts. The Para side is shop rate for machining and about $250 for all the cuts would be a ballpark price..

to cut my slide like the XD will 125 and take two weeks and this will not disturb the rest of the finish.