Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load 2 shell holders

Lead-Head

I can throw 2 in pretty quick, but my shell holders are those made for quad loading and shells are too close together for the L2 method.

I was about to order some AP quad loads until I saw this. I don't know that I can quad load and may be wasting my money by getting them thinking I can load 2 for now. Did you ever find a system that works? The chameleon belt seems pretty cost effective but the stiffness worries me.

I was sold on the pinwheels till I tried the invictus 2.8 plate. I like that the rounds re off set and there is more room between the round and the backer. I can grab 2 or 4 depending on what I need to load.

I was sold on the pinwheels till I tried the invictus 2.8 plate. I like that the rounds re off set and there is more room between the round and the backer. I can grab 2 or 4 depending on what I need to load.

My 2.8 plates arrived today. The quality is great and you can load L2 and quads with them. Best of both worlds!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have some L4 belt mounted systems and have decided I cannot load quads as consistently as weak hand, or as fast right now.

I can throw 2 in pretty quick, but my shell holders are those made for quad loading and shells are too close together for the L2 method.

Question: What is sturdiest/best quality L2 system with best shell retention? I have researched several but cannot decide.

The Invictus Practical 2.8 gives you a caddie that is excellent for loading two yet gives the option out of the same caddie to quad load. As I say in the video you can load two until you feel comfortable with the quad method and not have to constantly swap caddies and retention feel.

• 3 weeks later...

Chameleon shell holders are so secure you can barely get the shells out. Next is carbon arms then taccom 4 ups then AP Customs. The 1st gen Otto best I had was pretty secure but I'm sure it's changed some in two years.

From what I can find online, Chameleon changed the holder so that it's not so hard to get the shells out now. I just received mine today and even brand new the shells come out fairly easy. Holds them well enough that if I jump or run around they stay in place, but come out easy when you load.

I picked this option so I could keep the shells off of the belt. I wanted to have my pistol and rifle mags spread out a little more instead of all bunched up.

Really want to try the new Invictus Practical quad load set up that is similar to the Chameleon belt, but they have been out of stock

Edited by Tuflehundon