Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 MGM Ironman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy that Trooper remains popular at Ironman and that Mike Gibson agreed to let us do it 10 years ago, and Travis and the current staff let us keep doing it.

I wish there was a way to incorporate it into more matches. We did a derivative for the local Independence Day rifle match where everything must be carried on the shooter for every stage due to the lower round count, and it has been fairly popular in that format for smaller club level events.

This was the first year I shot Ironman, I shot limited but,I was thinking the other day as I was fondling my M1 Garand, It would be cool to do trooper class with all WWII guns. M1 Garand as primary rifle, an M1 carbine replica in 9mm for PCC, 1897 trench gun for shotty, and this would be the kicker, an original or exact replica BAR for long range bonus, it may be hard to hit the targets with but it would be fun blazing away at them with a full auto 30-06. It would be fun on spinners also

Dave

Edited by dkynoch

This was the first year I shot Ironman, I shot limited but,I was thinking the other day as I was fondling my M1 Garand, It would be cool to do trooper class with all WWII guns. M1 Garand as primary rifle, an M1 carbine replica in 9mm for PCC, 1897 trench gun for shotty, and this would be the kicker, an original or exact replica BAR for long range bonus, it may be hard to hit the targets with but it would be fun blazing away at them with a full auto 30-06. It would be fun on spinners also

Dave

Your match entry is your's to do with as you please, as long as you are safe and within the rules. The gear you want to use would probably leave you less than competitive but if you would enjoy using it then all is good and have at it. Never though of the BAR as a long range gun though more like an 03 Springfield I would think.

There has been one person who did the match with cowboy gear and had a good time.

I will certainly give you a ton of style points if you can pull it off.

Edited by Lange22250