Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred sight for Bianchi Open

entropic

Hi Bianchi folks.

I'll be shooting the cup for the first time this year with a Ron Powers 686 that a very generous friend has loaned to me. I'm trying to make use of an old Japanese tasco that I had laying around, but it leaves a lot to be desired in lens clarity and size. What do most people prefer? Thanks for the help.

Here is what it will be going on:

Carrols686_zps5cf38ab6.jpg

I use an Aimpoint Comp ML3 with 2moa dot. Other Aimpoints and Micro Aimpoints are popular.

Another good dot is the Ultradot Match Dot. It has multiple dot sizes and reticles.

I would stay with a 2moa dot in the Aimpoints, You can make it small for precision, or turn it up all the way so it flares out and is a bit bigger.

AALUD30MD_1.jpg

http://ultradotwest.com/ultradot_2008_005.htm

Nice gun. I have an Aimpoint but I am really impressed with the Matchdot. It gives you a selection of 2,4,6 and 8 moa dots at less than half the price of the Aimpoint.

Edited to add: Also 2.3 oz lighter than the Aimpoint.

Edited by toothguy

Is parallax also a problem with a Cmore? I know they're a pain to get zeroed to an inch at 50 yards, but is that the only reason I don't see many people using them?

I have not used a C more but what I have heard is that the dot can get lost due to light changes from shade to sun at the Cup.

aimpoint comp c3, lighter than the m/ml series. pride-fowler if they are still available or the match dot, thinking bout getting the matchdot2 as a cheaper backup to the comp C3

battery life on the aimpoint is far superior to anything else.

Edited by wanderer

Nice gun. I have an Aimpoint but I am really impressed with the Matchdot. It gives you a selection of 2,4,6 and 8 moa dots at less than half the price of the Aimpoint.

I really liked the multiple dot, but it washed out on me at the regional in La when the sun got directly behind me. Only had to happen once. The new all black ones are supposed to be brighter, havent had a chance to look at one yet. Edited by DWFAN

One reason people don't use a Cmore is they break down often in many different ways. For Bianchi you need absolute reliability. Another is their dot sizes are usually too big for the longer distance and the dot washes out with the sun in front of or behind you.

A C-More has too much parallax. Anything passed 25 yards and you're in trouble.

Used Aimpoints for a while. I could never seem to get the intensity where I wanted it. It was always just too bright or too dim.

Pride/Fowler worked well for me but they got pricey.

Been using the Ultradot matchdot for a few years now and have stuck with them. I put a sunshade on the back when the sun is behind me.