Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about classifying in multiple divisions...

Thomas H

I'm looking to get classified in IDPA, and given that I have a chance to shoot the classifier twice this year at most (and I'd like to get classified in all divisions----just humor me :) ) I was curious:

1) If I shot a G21 in .45acp shooting major loads, could I classify simultaneously in SSP, ESP, and CDP if the G21 was SSP-legal? (Since the classifier doesn't actually require using all 10 rounds in the mag at any point in time, and I could just load 8 per mag?)

2) If I shot a S&W 686 using major loads and speed loaders, could I classify in SSR and ESR simultaneously, assuming that the revolver follows SSR build limitations?

I know that doing the above puts me at a disadvantage with respect to classifying in various divisions. Not the point. :) I'm just curious----using the above methods, would it be possible to classify in all 5 divisions of IDPA by shooting only two classifiers?

Far as I can tell from the rules, I think it is legal. Yes/no?

G21 and 686 will need to be making 165pf in both respectively. You probably already know that. Ouch! in the 686.....

Yep, like I said above---major loads in both cases.

Oddly enough, 200 gr bullets out of the 686 making major aren't that bad. I just am bad at shooting revolvers---shooting major in them really doesn't make me that much worse. :) That's okay, though---I just want to get a classification in all divisions, just for fun.

G21 and 686 will need to be making 165pf in both respectively. You probably already know that. Ouch! in the 686.....

Yep, like I said above---major loads in both cases.

Oddly enough, 200 gr bullets out of the 686 making major aren't that bad. I just am bad at shooting revolvers---shooting major in them really doesn't make me that much worse. :) That's okay, though---I just want to get a classification in all divisions, just for fun.

Remember slow is fast on the revolvers, the extra time squeezing the trigger is made up on the target score.