Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power K100/P1 Mk7 Magazines?

Hello everybody, I'm new and I have a few questions about the Grand Power Mk7 Magazines, in particular the P1 Model. I really like what I've read about this pistol and am really wanting to buy one, but I want to do my research first. I am kind of spoiled by my XDm Compact 9mm because when I carry it I have a small 13 round mag loaded, but I have two 19 round spares for the range, so I'm used to having high capacity. I know that the STI GP6 used to take 17 round mags, and Grand Power has 20 round mags on their website, but I can't find any in stock anywhere. So my first question, where can I find magazines for this pistol (preferably 17 or 20 round capacity)? And if I were to find some older GP6 17 round mags, would they fit and feed properly in the newer P1 Mk7? Are there any types of magazine extensions available to increase capacity for this pistol? Also, I read a review that stated that the 15 round magazines that came with the reviewers pistol would load 16 rounds without issue, is that common or just a very lucky anomaly?

I also have a question about the sights, are they plastic or steel?

Thank you all for your time.

Century or J&G Sales should have them in stock.

The magazine tube is the same today as years past.
The current follower has a longer skirt and center post plus a slightly stiffer spring for foolproof reliability.
If you prefer, you can install the shorter follower and run them with 17 rounds.
A mag extension for a CZ-75 or Tanfoglio Small Frame should work.

If you want steel front sights they are available from the factory or Dawson Precision.

Wow. Thank you. I have been looking for extensions, I wonder if the CZ 75 short extension (+2 rounds) would fit... That would be perfect. Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately I could not find Grand Power Magazines on either site. I sent an email to CAI asking if/when they will be getting some in. I am very timid to buy a pistol that I cannot buy spare mags for, especially when the other pistol I'm considering has many accessories available and a custom shop a few hours away (CZ P07). If the extensions would work then that would be a good option.

Edited by ARES1307

Never fear. While Century seem to be debating about their direction with the line, we have two other distributors looking at samples and crunching numbers, plus another surprise in the works.

Based on my experience at this years SHOT, 2014 is going to be a very interesting year.

Canuck223 - Your reply has given me hope for available accessories in the (hopefully near) future. I hope someone brings in 17 and or 20 round magazines, that would be great. Or at least magazine extensions like the +2 and +4 extensions available for the CZ 75. Has anybody tried to fit a CZ 75 magazine extension to a Grand Power magazine?

BTW... Now I can't stop trying to guess what the surprise in the works is now.... :huh::surprise:

Edited by ARES1307

I'm actually having a separate discussion with them right now, pointing out the additional profit center available with the thousands of STI and CAI import owners.

In a perverse way, I view it as the gravy on the roast beef.

I believe that if you cut square into cz mag at the same place where the square whole in GP magazine is, it should fit.... I will sacrifice one mag to test my theory ;-)

Update: Magazines can be fitted, it's a bit more work than just cutting the square, but they fit. I've tried a Tanfoglio mag.

Edited by Maks_H

• 3 months later...