Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some help on Xtreme 115gr RN plated load

Wyokid

I'm having issues with running my reloads in the Glock and Sig 226. I reloaded some 9mm with Accurate No. 5 5.0 grains at 1.140 and had multiple feed issues. I tried 5.2 grains as well with same issue. Is there a rule of thumb for 9mm reloads? I know on the .45 if I load it at 1.250 I have no issues on anything so far. Any insight would be appreciated!!!

If you have favorite loads for Clay's, 700X, Titegroup for this same bullet - it would be appreciated as well!Thanks for your help!

Lance

I'm pretty sure there isn't a rule of thumb because the oal is going to differ for each handgun. I'v been loading at 1.150 for my glock using 124gr xtrme plated rn's and haven't had any issues. Maybe try loading a little longer, like 1.15-1.16? I'm just a beginner and it's just an idea. I'm sure some more experienced people will chime in.

Edited by G17

I'm having issues with running my reloads in the Glock and Sig 226. I reloaded some 9mm with Accurate No. 5 5.0 grains at 1.140 and had multiple feed issues. I tried 5.2 grains as well with same issue. Is there a rule of thumb for 9mm reloads?

Your load may still be a bit light for AA #5 if the Xtreme are more akin to the Berry's versus Rainier and you aren't cycling properly.

"Multiple feed issues" is sort of generic

Feed issues can be the load, the oal, the crimp, condition of the gun, worn out mag springs, etc... More specific info might help locate the issue sooner....

Have you plunk tested some of the rounds in your barrel? or a chamber gauge?

Thanks guys! As a matter of fact I put all of them thru a Lyman 9mm case gauge before putting them in the MTM boxes. I think the loading longer and heavier grains is a good idea. Now that I think about it, the last one to fire in the mag didn't lock the breach open like it should!

Brand new G17 gen 4 gun.

Any other pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD