Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best 3-gun Glock mag pouch?

MetropolisLake

http://shop.blade-tech.com/bladetech-proseries-competition-single-pouch-c-38_54_59.html#.Ut2q_PTnbsM

Was thinking about those, supposed to be $40 but are on amazon for $26. Will that work for 3-gun or are the angled versions dumb for running around? It would be for Glock 35 mags with +5 base pads.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I have never used those but they look like they would work. Nothing wrong with angled pouches but some stages require going prone and etc. It kind of depends on what total setup you want to have and how into 3 gun you are. I have the safariland ELS and that is very popular with the quick detach mag pouches etc. It helps you focus more on stages and shooting than switching out your belt and pouches all the time. That said I used my IDPA bladetech just fine for the first couple years. If i was buying all new stuff I would just go for the hole ELS setup from the start.

i just use the blade tech single mag pouches that are not cant-adjustable, with the tek loc backs. use in 3 gun, idpa and uspsa, no issues. especially for 3 gun, i'm thinking fixed is better than adjustable that could self-adjust when you don't want them to.

I've been using the Safariland 771's for 3-gun. I can use the same mag pouch for 2011 mags as well as Glock mags -just tighten up the tension screw a little for the Glock mags. I run the first mag at an angle but the subsequent ones are upright to save room. Never had a mag fall out.

I think the biggest limiting factor in 3-gun is how much room you have on your waist for the rifle/pistol mag pouches and shotgun caddies.