Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Temporary Mag Blocks and competition travel

rowdyb

So I am going to MA for the S&W indoor IDPA nationals. The mags I want to bring are standard capacity, whereas MA requires 10 rounders and the seem pretty serious about it.

If I want to block my stock 18 round 9mm mags to a temporary 10 rounds for this trip, how would you suggest doing it and staying within IDPA rules.

Thank you.

So I am going to MA for the S&W indoor IDPA nationals. The mags I want to bring are standard capacity, whereas MA requires 10 rounders and the seem pretty serious about it.

If I want to block my stock 18 round 9mm mags to a temporary 10 rounds for this trip, how would you suggest doing it and staying within IDPA rules.

Thank you.

IDPA rules aside, alot of the states that have these magazine capacity restrictions state in the law that the magazine must be PERMANENTLY MODIFIED so that it cannot ever be put back to except more then X amount of rounds.

I cant speak exactly on the statue for MA, but here in NJ that is what it specifies, and it's highly debatable that just sticking a wooden block in there is legal.

Doubt you'd get snagged up, but under the worst conditions i'd hate to see somebody get in legal trouble for something like that

Best bet ? Maybe find a few 10 rounders to bring?

Edited by alecmc

Yes the 10 rounders are junk but if you install grams springs and followers you get a nice mag not sure if its IDPA legal but better than crossing the line of a felony for possession of altered standard capacity mags.Give Beven Grams a call he is a great guy to talk too

Edited by Big Dog Howie

Yes the 10 rounders are junk but if you install grams springs and followers you get a nice mag not sure if its IDPA legal but better than crossing the line of a felony for possession of altered standard capacity mags.Give Beven Grams a call he is a great guy to talk too

Will the slide lock back with the grams followers? You need slide lock reloads in IDPA.

Thanks, I have some 10 rounders lying around too