Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoresheets

shred

Hereabouts almost all the IPSC clubs use 2-part individual carbonless scoresheets, each shooter gets one for every stage. With luck, DJPolo has a nice image of the one we use. Works great for on-site scoring during the match.

For steel matches it's a bit different:

One local match requires everybody to sign up in the same 'slot' on five stage-scoresheets at the beginning of the match. The stage-scoresheets remain on the five stages and are added to for every shooter. At the end of the match, they're all tallied onto a master 'overall' sheet. Obviously scores aren't entered during the match for this.

The other is my zany scheme which completely rocks for on-site stats-- All the competitors get on a squad at sign in. Then the spreasheet prints custom scoresheets, one for each squad per stage with the squad member names on them in the same order as the scoring spreadsheet. Then when the squad shoots a stage, they write down all the runs and add them up with a calculator. After they're done with the stage, the sheet goes to stats. At the stat-shack, all the statsperson has to do is go to the right starting place (stage/squad) in the spreadsheet and crank in the totals, one after another. The spreadsheet does the rest. Exceptions and shoot-thrus can be handled by a write-in process.

We use a single sheet of plain white 8x10' paper printed on both sides; 2 stages per side. We submit our classifier scores electronically & thus shooters do not sign their classifier scores (though we encourage shooters to look over all their scoresheets). All shooters are alloted slots prior to the match; one squad of 6 shooters every hour on the hour from 3 PM to 9 PM one time per month & pre-squadding allows lables to be printed ahead of time. Once you pay for your slot in the pro-shop, they give you a lable. Works for us. www.shootersparadise.com

The clubs I shoot with use single paper scoresheets. Shooter gets squat other than the final results. If you want you can usually grab the scorekeeper and copy down your sheets. For rainy matches some clubs try and print them on write-in-the-rain paper which really helps when it comes time for the data entry.

One regional club uses generic scoresheets. Just cross out the boxes that aren't necessary and hope no one screws it up.

I hate generic scoresheets but can't see how 2 part NCR could be anything but generic.

My experience with NCR forms in wet conditions has been that they are almost worse than normal paper. Guess it never rains on your matches eh Shred? ;)

memphis sport shooting association uses the PALM SCORING SYSTEM with a paper back up. we use to use a score sheet i made up using Excel. you can down load it from the website:

http://www.memphis-ssa.com/files.php?actio...ewcat&fcat_id=1

this has been a very good score sheet that has been downloaded 369 times. six stages 3 on front 3 on back.

lynn

One regional club uses generic scoresheets. Just cross out the boxes that aren't necessary and hope no one screws it up.

I hate generic scoresheets but can't see how 2 part NCR could be anything but generic.

My experience with NCR forms in wet conditions has been that they are almost worse than normal paper. Guess it never rains on your matches eh Shred? ;)

Yup, we cancel if it rains. :o

The sheets are generic-- spaces for 18 or so targets, total across the bottom and penalties and time over on the right. We don't typically cross out unneeded boxes.

Both of my home clubs photocopy as many scoresheets as we can on the front and back of 8.5x11 inch copy paper. D-Lo usually gets five stages on the front and back of one. I've been using EZWinScore to generate my scoresheets, so I usually get two per side of paper.

Some generic scoresheets are okay if the clipboard person is METICULOUS, but otherwise they are the bane of scorekeepers. Some of them just plain suck. We avoid using them when possible.

Guest Larry Cazes

Both of our local clubs use single sheets of 8.5X11" paper with 2 stage entries per page. Does it pay to have the 2 sheet carbonless for local matches? What do most people do with their copies?

I'd like to have a copy of my scoresheets, however that isn't likely to happen.

At my old match I used EZWinScore for the basic score sheet on a half page. With a bit of scissors and tape I ended up with 2 of the same score sheet on a page, with sheets for all stages. Take that to the copier, then whack the pages in half with a paper cutter to get individual score sheets.

I stapled each shooters score sheets together and went ahead and put the shooter # on each sheet. That way I still knew what sheets went with each shooter when someone forgot to add their name. I did all this at home.

The match I mainly shoot now uses generic score sheets, which ended up causing me a minor problem as a scorekeeper last week. My own fault, but I'd much rather use score sheets printed off of EZWinScore.

At my old match I used EZWinScore for the basic score sheet on a half page. With a bit of scissors and tape I ended up with 2 of the same score sheet on a page, with sheets for all stages. Take that to the copier, then whack the pages in half with a paper cutter to get individual score sheets.

I do pretty much the same thing, but with a difference that you might try. I generate the half page scoresheet and print it. I then take that same piece of paper, turn it around, feed it back into the printer and print the scoresheet again. The result is I've got two copies of the same scoresheet (albeit upside down to one another) on the same piece of paper and I haven't had to get out the scissors and tape. Those copies just feed right into a copy machine at office depot/kinkos/wherever, print 50 copies, whack with the paper cutter, I've got 100 scoresheets.