Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Trigger not resetting!

Blaise1

I've got a gen 3 34 that's been running fine but today the trigger didn't want to reset all the time. It's got a Zev Fulcrum, 3# striker spring, Zev Striker, Zev connector, TI Safety plunger and newish spring. I've been running this combination for at least 4k rounds without any malfunctions. Any ideas?

I think I was my recoil spring. I just tried the vertical reset test and it wouldn't go into battery. I just realized I've got at least 5k rounds on it. I put a new recoil spring in and seems good now. How often should I replace the trigger return spring?

If the trigger spring is broken replace it. If the trigger spring is a 6# spring and not broken replace it with an OEM spring. The super light firing pin springs should be replaced more often than the OEM springs also. Make sure the connector has the correct clearance between it and the trigger housing.

I think I was my recoil spring. I just tried the vertical reset test and it wouldn't go into battery. I just realized I've got at least 5k rounds on it. I put a new recoil spring in and seems good now. How often should I replace the trigger return spring?

I replace all my springs once a year or at approximately 10,000 rounds and have never had one fail. I use the OEM trigger spring on my Gen 4 pistols.

I use a blue Zev recoil spring in my Prod gun and it won't pass the vertical test either but my gun runs flawless.

JPB you are not the first person to mention the factory trigger spring for Gen4. The XP trigger spring causes an issue of confusion to me on the Gen4.

Springs-non OEM should be replaced every season with minimum use and I try to do striker springs, spring cups, sleeve every 3k in mine

Sometimes people have that problem with zev's trigger spring and they either have to go back to oem or get a new one, but you've already made it through 4k rounds and it was fine so i would take it apart and check the connector. May just need some adjustment.

You don't think it could have been the worn out recoil spring not forcing it into battery good?

Do the lightweight race type connectors have a tendency to fatigue early?

Edited by Blaise1

Classic trigger spring problem...a single shot Glock. Either the trigger spring is missing, broken, disconnected, or installed backwards. Make sure you know what spring the trigger spring is before going forward to fix or get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it.

You don't think it could have been the worn out recoil spring not forcing it into battery good?

Do the lightweight race type connectors have a tendency to fatigue early?

It has nothing to do with the recoil spring. You only have to pull the slide back about a 1/2 inch to get it to reset the trigger.

Classic trigger spring problem...a single shot Glock. Either the trigger spring is missing, broken, disconnected, or installed backwards. Make sure you know what spring the trigger spring is before going forward to fix or get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it.

this is what I would look for

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, something came up and I didn't get to shoot yesterday but it looks like I need to replace the trigger return spring anyway from what y'all are saying. I'll try to do that and get some rounds through it this afternoon or tomorrow.

G17, about half the time I could push the trigger forward and it would reset the other half it would go forward but not reset and I would have to rack it and try again.