Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there an easy way to add a lot of girth to the CZ wide grips...

Xhris

I already have the fat grips... Its still not enough, I have very large and oddly shaped hands. To put it into perspective, there is less than an inch from my middle finger to my palm when I grip the gun. I would like that to be closer to 3 inches, but will settle for anything I can get.

I have found in the past on other guns with grips that I could cut rubber, put some holes in it and find some longer screws.. However I have a feeling that putting rubber on the inside of a mag well is going to really screw up the reloads...

I'm well beyond the point of adding grip tape, unless someone makes really thick rubber tape that I do not yet know about?

Any tricks / ideas?

Take the stock grips to a machinist so he can measure the inner surface, the angles, and where the screws go. Then have the guy machine fatter grips. Any good machinist should be able to do that without too much trouble. Shouldn't take that long either. Cost depends on the machinist and the work load.

This is a project I've considered myself since my bro can do all the machining, coding, etc. Just haven't found the time yet. I don't have large palms, but I have long fingers. I can palm a basketball. The grip feels small to my hands too.

Edited by ftjandra

Are you talking about the thick aluminum flat grips? If so those are 1.24" wide when mounted on the gun. The factory rubber grips are 1.44" wide. Those are the widest grips I have found.

+1. The "thick" grips are .11" thicker than the Thin grips. Calling them thick is a misnomer. They should refer to them as the "Not as Thin" grips.

I took a pair of plastic grips, the ones that have the same size/shape/contour as the factory rubber ones. I spread JB Weld on them, poured Silicon Carbide them, let it dry. Result is in the picture. These are the fattest, best textured grips i have seen ( yes my arm hurts when i pat myself on the back like that! ).

Anyway, the whole deal cost about $30. The grips are $23, i found a guy on http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php selling them for $15. The Silicon Carbide can be found at http://www.therockshed.com/grit.html for $6.50. And JB Weld at Home Depot.

Send me a PM if you want to know more.

cznewslide2_zpsf8108e2e.jpg

my solution for nice thick grips was go back to factory rubber grips (bought a new pair as when worn they are not as grippy). Then add the skate tape to the backstrap (thin strip all the way from top to bottom) and the front stap. a thicker piece there but only about 2/3 down the length. that works really nicely for my bigger hands.

any of the alloy grips are thinner than factory rubber or plastic.