Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cylinder & Slide Trigger Drop-in Kit, made trigger worse?

44stevenson

I have a stock Beretta 92FS that I bought a Cylinder & Slide Low Mass Drop in trigger kit for. I measured my SA trigger pull before the install at 5lbs flat, couldn't measure DA on my gauge because it was over 8lbs. Installed the kit, and now I still can't measure DA pull and the single action pull is 5.5lbs. The trigger feels better with less take up, and it is crisper, but how in the world did it get worse? Cylinder and Slide says that it can't be their kit, and that I should check to make sure everything is functioning properly. Well everything is working properly, if it wasn't something sure would be in a bind. Just so you know the kit comes with a new hammer, trigger return spring, mainspring, and sear. Anyone got any ideas? I'm tempted to just pull it all out and send it back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im guessing that the hammer spring that was in the gun was worn out.

Or it was a reduced power spring and the new one is a bit stiffer. The stock hammer spring on a 92FS is 20# but they are available down to about 14#. You can run down to about 16# and still ignite nearly all primers. Comp guns run lower springs but need soft primers. Edited by bountyhunter