Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why a Production trigger pull weight in IPSC???

midvalleyshooter

ok, I'll buy that one.....IF.

A.) we get rid of the damned L10 division, and bringout SINGLE STACK so they actually can compete in this game again.

B.) Revolver shooters just have to "deal" with stages, instead of us designing stages for 5% of the field. I am so sick of seeing stage after stage that goes 3 targets, run here, 3 targets. Hello....That's not 10 round friendly, you're just pissing people off.

Go 2 then 3 or 3 then 2. That way a 10 rounder can actually win the stage.

And when you make an oversite or error, have the guts to fix it.

Um, excuse me, but are you new here? If you care to peruse the IPSC Rules Forum, I think you'll find there have been are numerous cases over the past 2 or so years where I willingly agree that a rule can be improved, and I also believe I'm fairly responsive in offering corrective solutions and bringing them to fruition.

Of course this doesn't mean that I agree with all requests for change, but I assure you that I, for one, have plenty of guts (and a fair amount of belly too).

Motto: No guts, no glory.

You may have noticed that Springfield is pushing the XD action as the "Ultra Safe Action", probably both as a dig at Glock with their "Safe Action", and in an attempt to get it ATF reclassified.

The rumor I've mentioned before is that the 'SA' on the ATF paperwork was some sort of clerical misstep at Springfield, which they've been trying to correct unsuccessfully for a long while. So, they may have decided it's easier to lobby for a whole new classification ("USA") instead.

But, is the XD sold by Springfield outside the US? Do they have a big reason to care if it's not international-IPSC PD legal?

Its sold here in the Philippines. Not quite sure how well it is doing in terms of sales.

A lot of shooters like it but parts availability is a concern. Further compounded by being taken out of the IPSC Prod legal list

• 2 weeks later...

I was at SA today to pick up some parts for my XD longslide 9mm, and got to play with the modified grip with the Beavertail. It fits my hand better, so It will be going off to the Custom Shop for the Modification. I like it so much that I will be getting rid of my G34 with vanek trigger! DougC

• 5 months later...

* :wacko: oops sorry I found another thread on this exact issue, you can delet this if you want. I thought I did a search in all forums but apparently I didn't.*

AFAIK, the trigger pull weight was put in the rules to prevent PD becoming a division dominated by 2lb. trigger Glocks (or, to put the DA auto on par with the glocks). Now you can pick a gun with a constant 5lb. pull, which some like. Or, a gun with a 5lb. first shot and light follow up shots.

AFAIK, the 5" barrel rule that excludes the HK USP Expert, the G34/35 etc. was made before these guns were produced.

I'm sure Vince will chime in on this one.

I'm not understanding why on the current US production list the glock 34/35's are allowed but the usp expert is not. There is no Trigger pull restriction for US production, the barrel length of the expert is 5.2, the barrel length G34/35 is 5.32. US production clearly states 5.5 is allowed. I understand there both not allowed in IPSC due to there 5' barrell length restriction so why is the glock 34/35's allowed in US production but the HK USP Expert is not?

From what I can tell from the rules the USP expert meets the requirments for US production same as the G34/35's and yet the USP expert isn't on the list, am I missing something here?

US Production Division

Special conditions:

17. Only handguns approved and listed on the USPSA website may be used in

Production Division.

18. Single-action-only handguns are prohibited.

19. Handgun may not be in single action mode at start signal.

20. Neither the handgun, nor any of its attachments, nor any allied equipment

(e.g. magazines or other loading devices), can extend forward of the line

illustrated in Appendix F3. Any such items a Range Officer deems not to

be in compliance must be safely and promptly adjusted, failing which Rule

6.2.5.1 will apply.

21. Allowed modifications are very limited and include the following:

21.1 No weighted attachments allowed to magazine.

21.2 Front sights may be trimmed, fiber optics inserted, adjusted and/or

have sight black applied. Sights must be of the notch and post type.

1 Minimum power factor for Major Not applicable

2 Minimum power factor for Minor 125

3 Minimum bullet weight No

4 Minimum bullet caliber / cartridge case length 9mm (0.354”) /

19mm (0.748”)

5 Minimum bullet caliber for Major Not applicable

6 Minimum trigger pull No

7 Maximum barrel length Yes, Production guns

5.5” Revolvers 8.5”

8 Maximum magazine length No

9 Maximum ammunition capacity Yes, 10 rounds

loaded maximum in

any magazine after

the start signal.

10 Max. distance of handgun and mags/speed loaders

from torso

50mm

11 Rule 5.2.3.1 applies No

12 Restriction on position of holster and other equipment

Yes, see item 19

below.

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted No

14 Compensators permitted No

15 Ports permitted No

16 Maximum weight Yes, 2 ounces over

US Production Gun List

GLOCK 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 37, 36 (No "L" or "C" models are legal) , 34, 35, USPSA: C models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met.

H&K USP, USP Compact, USP Custom Sport, USP9SD, VP70Z, P9S (only with 100mm barrel), P8, P2000 , P7